“Beautiful atmosphere to enjoy great wine!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Carhartt Vineyard
Ranked #2 of 42 things to do in Los Olivos
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beautiful atmosphere to enjoy great wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

On a Wednesday evening, this place was tops on my list. I can see why people would complain about the size of this place if it were busy. But on this particular midweek visit, I had a spectacular time. My friend & I loved the patio. Super comfortable wooden chairs, the sounds of flowing water & chattering wind chimes was the perfect way to end our day of wine tasting. The wines were tasty. I especially enjoyed the Pinot noir. With the purchase of two bottles a tasting was for free! Perfect!

1 Thank Pultega4

Oro Valley, Arizona
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“great brothers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

small tasting area but nice outdoor patio. family run winery. nice wines, small output. you can see their hat wore by Gibbs in NCIS. stop by nice people.

Visited March 2013
Chabunco, Magallanes y de la Antartica Chilena, Chile
“LOVE this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

had a great time.... my favorite place in Los Olivos.... Mike and his family as well as Robin are off the hook

Visited January 2013
Los Angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“SO disappointing!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I've been to Santa Ynez/Los Olivos several times but had never been to the Carhartt tasting room. I decided to go to Carhartt this time based on all the 4 and 5 star reviews. I have no idea how this place ranked this high because I had a one-star experience. I agree completely with the review written by piet10. The tasting room is TINY, which is great and cozy if you're the only one there. But they only have 2 or 3 benches so you're stuck standing or sitting outside if there are other people there and you get NO attention whatsoever. We were in and out of there in 15 minutes tops!!!! (Versus an hour and a half wine tasting at Gainey.) Michael Carhartt (the owner) was there pouring the wines, which made it even more disappointing given that he could have shared so much more info about the wines. He literally just told us what wine he was pouring and would then pour it into the glass and that was it!!! I can't honestly tell you whether the wine is good or not because the whole experience was so negative that it tainted the wine tasting part. Also, there were three drunk girls there who were quite loud and obnoxious (and wannabe wine snobs) and they just sort of took over the room (not hard to do given the size). Michael Carhartt was being more attentive to them than the other guests (us two and three other people standing behind us, plus more outside) -- maybe because they said they would order wine and have it shipped back East? All in all, it was not a good experience and I would suggest you just pass this one up.

Visited December 2012
Victoria
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Don't go here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have no idea why this dump gets 4-5 stars (perhaps relatives of the owner). The serving room is tiny and very noisy. Patrons who have been served hang out at the bar, and you cannot get attention. Outside the bedlam is awful. It is full of noisy young people out for a good time. Drunkenness is the norm. There is very loud rock music. A "vineyard"? Come on. There is no vineyard and no way I will come back here.

Visited November 2012