All too often expensive inns and hotels offer attractive common areas with mediocre rooms and furnishings. This inn has the attractive common areas but also offers rooms and suites with high quality furnishings, including the first gas fireplaces that you turn on and off with a light switch (yes, they are real burning gas fireplaces, not the schlocky ones with rotaing light bulbs. Although the original building was old, it has been upgraded so well that you would never know it; the rooms are quiet, the furnishings tasteful and comfortable. The bathrooms are exceptionally well designed, with the first showers we have seen with multiple showerheads mounted vertically that was your entire body.
Breakfast at the inn's Greek restaurant is included in the price. Don't let the "Greek" part put you off, this is an excellent restaurant, with warm, friendly service.
It really seems that everything Fess Parker touched was first-rate. We have stayed at his hotel in Santa Barbara, which we liked, although we like this one better, perhaps because (it is said) his wife designed this one. He also ownd a vineyard near Los Olivos (fre passes for wine tasting are provided for inn guests) that is known for producing excellent wines.
Across Grand Street from the inn is a small handicapped access facility offering equally nice rooms. To the right of it, behind a gate that your inn room key will open, is zero edge swimming pool. A great place on a warm day.
SUGGESTION #1: Take a left on Grand Street that fronts the inn, and go about a mile out of town until you come to a wonderful lavender farm. Smells to die for.
SUGGESTION #2: If you're driving north on U.S. Route 101, stop off at the Laetitian Winery tasting room just before you get to Santa Maria. We really liked every wine we sampled, and ended up buying six different ones.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Popular property highlights: - Breakfast included - Free self parking - Free WiFi - The Bear and Star Restaurant - Outdoor pool Wine country charm Just off the Santa Ynez Valley vineyard-loop highway, the hotel is on Los Olivos' tranquil main street: six picturesque blocks of antique shops, art galleries, and tasting rooms. Spa treatments with vineyard themes are offered at the Hotel's Spa and Boutique: a tranquil retreat for unique and relaxing experience. Other amenities at Fess Parker Wine Country Inn include a pool, complimentary breakfast, and complimentary wine tastings. Each of the 19 individually furnished guestrooms has its own fireplace and bathrobes. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available as well as turndown services with distinct and personalized amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Fess Parker Wine Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fess Parker`s Wine Country Hotel Los Olivos
- Fess Parkers Wine Country Hotel
- Country Inn Los Olivos
- Fess Parkers Wine Country Resort
- Los Olivos Country Inn