We typically don't like to spend more than $200 a night on a hotel because either we are out most of the time, or find it just isn't worth it. Fess Parker's is certainly an exception. The pace in Los Olivos is pleasantly slow and relaxing and one can spend only so much of the day out wine tasting. There is time to just hang out, and the Inn is the perfect place to do it. The entire place (except the lobby restrooms) has been recently renovated and they really did it right. The rooms are beautifully decorated with all the amenities you could want and lots of attention to detail. All the modern conveniences, yet still very warm and inviting. The cost of the room includes tastings at the Fess Parker Winery just north of town, two wineries in town owned by the Parker Family (Epiphany and E&T) and the shop located in the hotel. It also includes breakfast at their Petros Restaurant, one of the best breakfasts we've had. When one considers that the tastings and the breakfast for two are at least a $100 value, the cost of the room isn't as much as it seems.
Here's a good itinerary for an overnight stay. Arrive early, and even if your room isn't ready, get your voucher for the complimentary tastings. Go a block up to the Los Olivos General Store and get a picnic lunch to go at Panino (great sandwiches). Drive out to the Fess Parker Winery and have your lunch on the grounds while doing your tasting. Head back into town and do more tasting at Epiphany or E&T. Then, enjoy the late afternoon at the Inn's new pool area before dinner at Petros (or one of the very good restaurants in town like the Los Olivos Cafe or Brothers). Sleep in, have a leisurely breakfast (served til 11:00 am) and do some more tasting before heading out.
We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and the staff were all terrific. The quality is high-end, but the atmosphere is very comfortable....will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Popular property highlights: - Breakfast included - Free self parking - Free WiFi - The Bear and Star Restaurant - Outdoor pool Wine country charm Just off the Santa Ynez Valley vineyard-loop highway, the hotel is on Los Olivos' tranquil main street: six picturesque blocks of antique shops, art galleries, and tasting rooms. Spa treatments with vineyard themes are offered at the Hotel's Spa and Boutique: a tranquil retreat for unique and relaxing experience. Other amenities at Fess Parker Wine Country Inn include a pool, complimentary breakfast, and complimentary wine tastings. Each of the 19 individually furnished guestrooms has its own fireplace and bathrobes. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available as well as turndown services with distinct and personalized amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Fess Parker Wine Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fess Parker`s Wine Country Hotel Los Olivos
- Fess Parkers Wine Country Hotel
- Country Inn Los Olivos
- Fess Parkers Wine Country Resort
- Los Olivos Country Inn