“A wonderfully relaxing setting when you really want to get away from it all!”
Review of Zaca Lake Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Olivos
Zaca Lake Retreat
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My boyfriend and I attended a wedding at Zaca Lake last weekend. The setting could not have been more beautiful. The wedding took over all of the cabins and made the whole experience family and friend oriented. Some people brought kayaks and canoes for the lake which along with a floating dock and rope swing made for good times on the lake! The lodge and alamo were both good gathering places for the whole group. I would go back for sure!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 4, 2010

I took my family of 6 with me to watch a fantastic couple pronounce their vows for marriage … it was fantastic. The view, the animals - a deer swimming across the lake, the birds...the Lake…. Kayaking, canoeing…
I didn’t turn on my cell phone once - I let myself go and it was a perfect family vacation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2010

This place is not a resort, but indeed as the name declares, a retreat. It is a beautiful, peaceful getaway. They put resources at your disposal to do with as you wish--including clean and functioning cabins, a walk-in fridge and fully functional communal kitchen and dining area, a lake with a couple small kayaks, an outdoor grill and eating space, and plenty of trails to hike. There is no cell phone service up there, which I found to be really relaxing, but they do have a wireless internet connection at the lodge.

The air up there is sweet, the lake is beautiful, clean, and warm (at least in the summer), and there is a lot of wildlife and great bird watching. If you're looking for an affordable vacation where people leave you alone, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank MBLau
Reviewed July 27, 2010

The last time I went to Zaca lake, it was very cold outside, and it was also raining. However, the cabins were pretty warm, and there was also plenty of hot water. Even though it was the middle of winter, the cabins were comfortable. Also, even at night it is very easy to see outside, and the roads are very visible in the dark despite the great amount of trees and leaves, which are very pretty during the day. The hiking is really fun, too :]

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I have been to Zaca Lake 3 times over the past 3 years with a youth group from my church and we always have a great time. The grounds are very well-kept and I've always slept comfortably and soundly.

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I've been to Zaca Lake on various occasions. Countless times with the St. Robert Bellarmine Confirmation program. Each year in February their retreats are held out there. This place is a hidden beauty. It is nestled back into the Santa Ynez mountains. You would never know such a beautiful place existed. Upon arrive to Zaca Lake, you instantly feel a sense of peace and detachment from the crazy, noisy world outside of those mountains. It is the perfect place to relax your mind. Last time I went out there, I went on a hike up to the gazebo. The gazebo overlooks the entire lake. You can see everything!

The staff was welcoming. Everything was well prepared for the retreat. It is cold outside, but the fire in the cabins and nice portable heaters that are provided keep you nice and toasty all night.

I will continue to visit this place. It is practically my second home. So peaceful!

If anyone needs a place to unwind and relax with family and friends, this is the perfect place for that!!

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank loooove13
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Zaca Lake. . .It is one of my favorite places in the world. I first went there with my church group and the atmosphere added to the magic of the church retreat. I went again this passed Feb. as a leader on that retreat. The cabins were clean, and the showers were hot. We had to bring in our own catering service, but that was ok. The barn is perfect for large gatherings, and the lodge has a rustic feel that relaxes you immediately.
I love Zaca Lake, can't way to go back again, and suggest it to anyone who is considering going on vacation and wants someplace peaceful, or to church groups looking to have an awesome spiritual retreat that has the potential to change lives. Hey, it happened to me.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
#2 of 11 in Solvang
Pea Soup Andersen's Inn
Pea Soup Andersen's Inn
#2 of 8 in Buellton

Been to Zaca Lake Retreat? Share your experiences!