“!!!Service Above and Beyond!!!”
Review of Toll House Hotel

Toll House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I held a week-long event for 70 people at The Toll House at the end of January 2014. In all my years of hosting events I have never had one go so smoothly and that is all thanks to the wonderful team of experts that represent the Toll House every day. I never heard the word 'no" when I asked for something. There were last minute changes to room set-ups, to menu selections, and room reservations. Not once was there an issue that could not be solved. I was so impressed with the service, team-work, friendliness, and work-ethic of the Toll House team members that I have not stopped sharing my experience with my fellow co-workers. I would like to give a heartfelt and sincere thank you to the entire team for making my meeting a huge success!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Xcine C,

WOW! Thank you for making our day with your kind words! Your comments are truley motivation for our entire team. We hope to host your next big event or any event that you might have in the future. Thank you again and it was our pleasure to have you all here.

Yours in hospitality,

There are newer reviews for Toll House Hotel

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Before I get to the bad, let me lead with the good. There are so many wonderful things about this place, namely the service. The staff is attentive and genuine. The atmosphere is comfortable and quaint. I love the location as well. Lots of reasons to want to be here.

That said, the rooms definitely need some TLC. They've added new fixtures and the like, but it lends itself to the phrase "lipstick on the pig". There is no central heating or cooling system, simply a large and noise in-wall unit that serves for both making a hot or cool patch in front of it and leaving the rest of the room inconsistent. In my recent stay, the unit was right next to my bed. It was sad considering how comfortable the beds are. I couldn't get the temp right so every time the noisy thing kicked on, I awoke. The windows are old and inefficient. I could feel a steady breeze through the edges.

I will avoid this hotel in the future unless I need the location.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit where the A/C unit is not near your bed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jennphonic

Dear jennphonic,

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your feedback. You comments have been well received as we always look for areas to improve. Im disappointed to hear that your in room heating unit did not meet your expectations. We do have a variety of room types, that I hope you can experience in the future, that im certain would meet your needs. Thank you again for sharing and I hope you visit us again.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was almost a 2-star review, after we were awakened early Sunday by a smoke alarm's low-battery alert. AnnaLee at the front desk took care of us quickly, and the engineer said they do check the batteries annually - not sure how this one slipped by.

But the real hero of our foul moods was Oscar, a waiter in the hotel's Three Degrees restaurant. His upbeat, fun energy reversed the bad start to our morning, and we smiled the rest of the day and decided we'd return to this hotel, after all.

The experience up until the smoke alarm was positive: quick check-in, delicious cookie upon check-in, decent gym, comfy beds, nice bathroom, great location for walking to everything in Los Gatos, free parking, free wi-fi, quiet room. It's a great weekend getaway.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ikura

Dear Ikura,

Thank you for being our guest and leaving us a review. Im very pleased to hear that AnnaLee quickly resolved this matter and that Oscar delighted you with his upbeat energy that left you smiling and returning. This was an isolated incident and I appreciate your understanding. We all look forward to your next visit. Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The room is very comfortable and well outfitted. The exercise facility is very well equipped. The location is excellent - right in the middle of Los Gatos. The hotel staff is polite and helpful. The only complaint is the service at the restaurant. It was awful. Repeated requests for a cup of coffee or a spoon were not responded to. The toast arrived at the table fully five minutes after the eggs. The wait staff was unfailingly polite and had smiling faces. They were constantly running around but not getting the basic job done. This points to poor training and management. My advice: stay at the hotel but eat somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank albwilson

Dear albwilson,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I appreciate you recognizing our helpful staff and Im sorry to hear your restaurant experience was not at the level of service we normally provide. We do share feedback such as yours with our staff as an opportunity to improve. Thank you again for sharing and we hope you will visit again in the near furture.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed in a lovely and spacious Jr. Suite on Valentine's Day. We were instantly thrilled with both the size, location, and cleanliness of the room. They offered great amenities like an electric fireplace, flat screen TV, wireless Internet, and the bathroom was stocked with all the toiletries one would ever need while staying away from home. The bed was a little lumpy upon first encounter, but overall it wasn't too bad. The only downside to our experience was that of noise. We had a rumpus neighbor above us who was banging around ALL night and into the wee hours of the morning. I mean, it sounded like they were dropping bowling bowls on the floor, that's how loud it was. When I made the reservation is asked specifically for the highest floor, but were given the 2nd instead of 3rd floor. My fault for not speaking up. Anyway, we got absolutely no sleep that night. Finally, around 9am, after our upstairs neighbors had obviously moved around all of the furniture in their room all night long, I called the front desk to complain. The front desk associate was so completely kind, and offered to give my boyfriend and me 2 coupons for breakfast that morning. I was so grateful that they understood my complaint, sympathized, and did something about it immediately. We paid decent money for that Jr Suite, and because of the noise, this was the proper way to handle the situation on their end. Breakfast was lovely, as was our server. Very kind and warm. We love this hotel and will definitely be back. Just be aware that the walls are thin, so ask for the 3rd floor!

Room Tip: Request Highest floor, which is the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelGoddess86
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear TravelGoddess86,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay as we truly appreciate your comments. I apologize about the noise you experienced while you were here but am pleased to hear that our team followed up and provided you a nice breakfast in the morning and handled your complaint promptly. We all look forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We really liked the Toll House Hotel; it's situated in a very convenient location, friendly staff, free and ample parking, comfortable beds, quiet, very clean, and the price is reasonable. The warm chocolate chip cookies upon check-in are a nice little gesture, too. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ChelleAnn
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I spent a week at this hotel for a company conference and must say it was enjoyable all the way. Rooms are nice size, bed is comfortable and good bathroom. Staff is very friendly (with special thanks to Abel Veloz, but they all were very nice and helpful). Location is perfect at walking distance from good restaurants and stores, so you can enjoy some walking outdoors at this beautiful location.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
#3 of 75 in San Jose
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
#2 of 2 in Saratoga

Been to Toll House Hotel? Share your experiences!