$269
Los Gatos Lodge(Los Gatos)
$139
$149
Carlyle Hotel(Campbell)
$129
$100
Saratoga Oaks Lodge(Saratoga)(Great Value!)
$179
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $214/night.

$199
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $271/night.

$199
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $247/night.

1,341 results
All reviewsfront deskwedding weekendsanta cruzsilicon valleyfarmers marketnice hotelwithin walking distancelocation is greatenjoyed my stayupon checkfree parkinggatostollhousepitsfireplacerobescalifornia
Reviewed July 29, 2008

We recently returned from a three night stay at the Toll House Hotel. We were in Los Gatos, to attend a wedding and as a result, all of the out of town guests were staying at this hotel. When making my reservation I requested two connecting rooms King /Double Double because of my young children. At the time of booking, the front desk agent who took the reservation stated that they could not guarantee the rooms would be connecting but that they would do their best. I asked to be put through to the General Manager who took my call. I explained to her that we need the two rooms together and the reason why, and she said, don't worry about it I will take care of it. Famous last words.

Upon arriving at the Hotel, the two rooms were on opposite sides of the hotel. I asked to speak the General Manager and the clerk said I am sorry she has moved on to another hotel and the acting GM, (Front Office Manager) will see us. When she arrived, I explained the situation to her and told her these arrangements were unacceptable and she needed to do something about it. She explained to us that the Hotel was sold out but she would see what she could do. After about 20 minutes she came up with a solution to put us in two rooms side by side (Non Connecting) Queen/Double Double for the first night and then move us to a King/Double Double in the morning. While it was not what we had reserved, we took it. The next bit of news was that the Queen bedded room was not clean so they would put a rush on it with Housekeeping and told us to come back in about 30 minutes. We came back in 30 minutes only to be told that they were still working on it and asked us to come back in another 30 minutes. It was now after 6:00 PM so we took the kids out for some dinner. Came back at 7:30 PM and expected the front desk to say your room is ready and hand over a key. Not so lucky! I am sorry, but the room is still not ready but the Front Desk Manager said that she would personally go and inspect the room and find out if it was ready. She came back in about 10 minutes to inform us that the Housekeeper is just finishing up and you should be in the room by 8 PM. I was just about to blow a cork when the Housekeeper called the front desk and said the room was ready.

The story gets better, we went up to the room and this queen room was the size of a broom closet (Room 320). There was no lounge chair to watch TV, the balcony was the 2 by 8 not large enough to put a chair on it and it was difficult for my wife and I to pass each other at the end of the bed. After waiting for 3 hours to get this room my wife and gave in and called uncle.

The next morning we went by the front desk as we left to go sightseeing and as requested had all of our bags packed so when our new rooms were ready they would move the bags over to the new rooms so we could unpack for the rest of the weekend.

The front desk clerk stated that there had been a little change in the King/Double Double request. The clerk stated that the rooms they had blocked for us were not available because there was a different wedding party which was checking in that needed those connectors, but that they were going to be moving us to two connecting Kings on the 3rd floor and they would bring in a roll away bed at no extra charge. I could not believe this latest move but said OK.

When we returned later in the day we had been moved and we were able to finally unpack our bags. During the day with the other members of the party, we started sharing war stories about the Toll House Hotel, only to find that I was being charged $20 more per room per night than anyone else in the wedding party. When I asked the Front Desk Manager to look into it she came back to me and said we were sorry sir and I will make an adjustment tonight for the over charge last night through the rest of your stay. She did for one of the two rooms but not the other.

Once we got past the room issues, we did have a nice stay at the hotel. As others have commented, it was very clean the staff was pleasant and the toll house cookies at the front desk were the best.

The rehearsal Dinner was held at the Hotel in the courtyard which was delightful. The only problem with an outdoor event was that the bees wanted to get in on the buffet and have their share of the Prime Rib.

I feel that the problems with our rooms could of been handled so much better than it was. A wine and cheese tray with a note from the acting General Manager was a nice touch but clearly having us wait three hours till 8PM to get our broom closet was over the top.

If we ever have a chance to visit Los Gatos again we would give the Toll House Hotel a second chance.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2008

We just had a single-night stay at Toll House, and it was just lovely! We drove in from Santa Cruz, which was only a 20 minute drive. The hotel itself is in a great location, on the quiet end of one of the main streets in Los Gatos. It has just been redone, so the lobby and public rooms are all new and very clean. They are in the process of "refreshing" all the rooms, and we had one that must have been newly done, because it was great. The bed was super comfortable, the bathroom was huge, the linens were crisp and smooth, and the room was immaculate. Bath amenities were very nice, and there was a split of wine if we wanted to purchase it.

The front desk staff was very accommodating, upgrading our room for our anniversary to one with a fireplace, a spa tub, and a king-size bed. The hotel is walking distance from many restaurants, and the young man at the desk was very knowledgeable about them, and gave us several great recommendations. Overall, our experience was wonderful and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2008

We blocked a number of rooms at the Toll House for guests to our son’s wedding, and the reception was held at the hotel’s Three Degrees Restaurant. The staff was wonderful, the food excellent, and the hotel charming. The food and beverage director, Andrew Sturmfels, was incredible. His attention to detail, knowledge, and helpful suggestions made the entire planning experience positive and enjoyable. The entire event far exceeded our expectations. The new executive chef did a wonderful job with the food and the ample service staff served the meals efficiently and attentively. In fact, all of the people we encountered at the hotel were courteous and friendly. The hotel has recently been refurbished and it looked lovely. One guest summed it all up nicely: “very classy but not stuffy.” This pretty much described our entire experience there.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2008

I travel a lot for work and when I am in Silicon Valley I stay in the Toll House in Los Gatos, with my most recent trip in December 2007. Los Gatos is a lovely, picturesque town – very upmarket, the property here is tres expensive! One reason I love this hotel is because the town has everything if you want to walk around; shops, restaurants, bars, markets etc. The hotel itself is beautiful, clean & comfortable. I have been here many times and the staff are always very friendly & accommodating – plus they sometimes have tasty cookies in the lobby! The rooms are moderately sized, incredibly comfy beds & great room service. There is a restaurant in the hotel and is actually quite nice, I have only eaten there a couple of times but when I have the food has been lovely. There are some great restaurants in the town; California Café, Steamer’s Grill House & my absolute favourite (but quite expensive) Forbes Mill Steakhouse – this place has THE most amazing steak!!
Breakfast in the hotel hits the spot – don’t order porridge though, you will be waiting forever and it may never turn up! I have no complaints about the Toll House, it is number 1 on my list of hotels in the area and I definitely will return.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2008

I stayed at the Toll House for a couple nights on business. It's located conveniently at the center of Los Gatos, which was great for a quick morning jog for some sightseeing before a long day of meetings. The hotel was very retreat-like with comfortable rooms that were unbelievably clean, perhaps the cleanest hotel rooms I've seen in the last few years. The food was also great. The only complaint that I would have is that the service, while friendly, was inconsistent. First, they missed my wakeup call twice, which I remedied by setting my own alarm. Also, they forgot to hand me back my credit card when I checked in, and then never called me to tell me that I had left it at the front desk. I only realized that I didn't have it when I looked for it a couple of days later while still at the hotel. I don't suspect anything criminal but rather I found it a little lazy, and if I had left the hotel without it to shop or even return home, I would have been pretty mad. I was registered under the same name as was on the card, so there was no reason they couldn't have given me a ring up to my room. Finally, I asked for and received a late checkout the last day of my meetings, but oddly when I ran up to grab my luggage before checkout, my card key was no longer valid. They had to give me a new key card to get back into my room because the cards apparently timeout at regular checkout time. They should have mentioned that when I asked for the late checkout at the front desk. In general, I think the staff should adopt an overall mentality of thinking ahead about guest needs. Other than that, it was a very pleasant stay, and I would go back, even with my family.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business