Toll House Hotel
Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos(Los Gatos)(Great Value!)
$159
$289
$280
Travelocity
Los Gatos Lodge(Los Gatos)
$119
$115
Bristol Hotel(Campbell)
$139
Carlyle Hotel(Campbell)
$129
$100
Motel 6
Saratoga Oaks Lodge(Saratoga)(Great Value!)
$199
The Inn at Saratoga(Saratoga)(Great Value!)
$199
$193
Travelocity
Garden Inn Hotel(Los Gatos)
TripAdvisor
1,286 results
All reviewsfront deskwedding weekenddowntown los gatossilicon valleyfarmers marketwithin walking distancenice hotelsan joserestaurants and shopslocation is greatenjoyed my stayupon checkfree parkingtollhousepitsrobesfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I wish I could give 3.5 stars. I've wanted to stay at the Toll House for some time because I love the location and had heard good things. It was a little disappointing, but also had some good points. First, the good: 1) wonderful location in downtown Los Gatos, a short walk to shops, restaurants and the pretty park in the town square; 2) Very nice bathroom--spacious, good light, nice water pressure in the shower. I did have to repair the toilet (it wouldn't stop running), but luckily I'm handy! 3) bed and pillows were very comfy 4) free parking and free wifi were a real plus. Now, the not-so-good: 1) the room was small--I didn't expect a palace, but it was smaller than I hoped for the rate and felt a bit claustrophobic; 2) the lighting in the room was horrendous--all light provided by two sad lamps that gave very little light. I tried reading, but I simply could not; 3) I was pleased to see two bottles of water in my room--until I read the tags on them and saw that they cost $2.50 apiece. Seriously, people pay a good penny to stay here, and they charge $2.50 for water? 4)There is one ice machine--or, at least, there was only one on the hotel map I was given at check in--for the entire hotel. Very inconvenient. 5) Los Gatos is an "upscale" town, so you don't find little grocery stores or convenience stores near the hotel. Yet the hotel does not have a shop where you can buy snacks, drinks, toiletries, etc. It also does not have vending machines, or at least I saw no evidence of any. Such a service would have considerably improved my experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear PGdenizen,

Thank you for taking some time during your day to leave us your feedback. Your comments and suggestions have all been very well received as we are always looking for ways to enhance your experience and the experience of future guests. We would greatly appreciate another opportunity to welcome you back to encounter first hand, some improvements we have made since your last visit. Thank you for inspiring us and I hope you will visit us again soon. Have a wonderful holiday season!

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Our stay at the Toll House was a great experiance from check in to check out, everything was first class. The Staff at the main desk as well as the bar and restaurant were excellent. The food was very good also. We are planning a trip back to Los Gatos in December and plan to stay at the Toll House again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jim B,

Thank you so much for taking time to leave us a review on your recent visit. I was excited to hear that you described your experience as "first class"! When you are back in December please come by the front desk and ask for me as I would enjoy welcoming you back personally. See you soon!

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I am responsible for managing a 2 day event at the Toll House each year for approximately 60 people. I can always count on the experience to be stellar with excellent food, friendly staff and attention to the details that are most important to attendees to insure each person has an exceptional experience. Combine all of this with the location in quaint, beautiful downtown Los Gatos and it is a really neat experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Blake J
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed at the Toll House Hotel in Los Gatos as wedding guests, and to say that we were impressed is an Understatement! The room was luxurious, from the quilt and pillows to the gorgeous bathroom; even the lighting fixtures are gorgeous. The front desk staff are polite, very accommodating and they greet you with a large, delicious Toll House chocolate chip cookie! The freebies in the room include Caramel syrup for lattes, green tea in paper pyramids, and spa quality lotion. Bathrobes (to use while staying and later available for purchase) made us feel like royalty...There's a spacious, lovely restaurant on the premises, and wonderful downtown Los Gatos is only a five-minute drive away.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah F
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The architecture and location of this hotel is wonderful. Our room was tiny and did not feel up to pare with the design of the hotel in general. Had a very utilitarian - not plush - feel to the room.
For the money, it was not worth it.
The real annoyance, however, was that an early Halloween Party was going on in the dining room and patio four floors below us. By 11:00PM it turned from noisy (they had a live band) to a drunken brawl in the courtyard below which didn't subside until after midnight.
On checkout the next morning, we were asked how was our stay and we told the clerk. To her credit, she apologized and took out breakfast off the bill.

Room Tip: If a big party is going on, you may not want to stay there.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear grand old girl b,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear that your expectations were not met on this visit and you were disrupted from other events that were being held in the hotel. I do want to share that we have several different room types in our hotel, including spacious suites with balconys and fireplaces. It sounds like the particualr room you stayed in fell short of your expectations but I can assure that we have a room here that would be absolutley perfect for you. I would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back again so you can truley experience how wonderful our hotel is. Thank you again for sharing your experience and I wish you happy holidays!