“OUTSTANDING SERVICE!!!”

Toll House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was a guset at the Toll House recently for work meetings and I accidently left my keys in my car. It was 3pm and with my meeting starting and a flight to catch immediately after, and with no AAA, I was very worried I would miss my flight. But Abel Veloz, the Front Office Manager, stepped right into action, used his AAA benefits, and handled everything I needed and allowed me to conduct my presentation without a hitch or a worry! By the time my presentation was complete at 4pm, he had my keys in hand! I was able to catch my flight on time and see my wife and children later that night as planned. Thank you Abel and Toll House for OUTSTANDING SERVICE, it completed an overall great experience!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel o
Write a ReviewReviews (1,266)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am on the road around the US and the world most weeks of the year, and the Toll House is one of the most pleasurable places I stay. It is a welcome change from the bigger chains. The rooms are very comfortable and the location in Los Gatos is excellent. Carlos and the other hosts are wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim L
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

The Toll House is a nice Hotel with a perfect location in Los Gatos. Nothing Spectacular about it, but nothing bad too say either. Really you are getting the location, the service is really good though. The beds in the Double room are very small and my buddy had a single room and the room itself was weirdly small.
There is a nice restaurant there and you do get a nice community feeling staying there. Overall good stay, get out and enjoy Los Gatos!

• Stayed: March 2013
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Dfaler,
Thank you so much for your review. Im very happy to hear that you found our service and location to be perfect. Being able to walk and enjoy everything Downtown Los Gatos has to offer is such a benefit. Next time you are in the area let us know, as we offer several different room types all ranging in size, bed arrangments, and in room amenities. We are eagar to find the perfect accomodations for you on your next visit. Thank you again for being our guest!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were pleasantly impressed by this hotel for the modest price compared to other hotels in the same price range. Beautifully appointed. Staff were offering to carry our luggage every time one passed us in the hall or the lobby. (No, we're not disabled...they are just that helpful.) There was a glitch on the first night, in that we specifically asked for the quietest room and a new employee unknowingly placed us right next to the housekeeping service room - noisy doesn't even begin to describe it. Despite the comfortable beds, we got little sleep with all the banging around that happens on the other side of that wall until 2am. Upon notifying the front desk the next morning, we were moved to another room for our second night and that made all the difference in the world...it was just sublime. We slept like babies. I was told the manager would make an adjustment to the charge to make up for our discomfort, and to my surprise, they actually took off the entire charge for our first night. Outstanding service, and certainly the right thing to do. I liked the fresh cucumber water in the lobby and of course the free chocolate chip cookies and fresh apples, but mostly I liked the location, the cleanliness, and the helpful, friendly staff. I definitely recommend the Toll House (just make sure you don't get room #226 unless you can sleep like the dead). We will definitely stay there every time we go to Los Gatos.

Room Tip: Avoid room 226 next to housekeeping service room and ice machine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Diane D,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as we really enjoy hearing feedback. I want to apologize again for the first nights experience and can assure you that we review comments daily as a team to enhance our services and processes so that this will not happen to you or a future guest. I am very pleased to hear that the remainder of your stay was sublime and you found everything else to be pleasantly comfortable after we made different rooming arrangments for you. Thank you again for being our guest and recommending the Toll House hotel to others.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed in Los Gatos for a long weekend, after checking in to our suite we ate our delicious chocolate cookie we received at the reception. Los Gatos has many restaurants in town but we decided to have diner in the Three degrees restaurant inside the hotel. After a warm welcome from Pam the charming host, we had a delicious meal. The next day we had breakfast in the hotel as well, perfectly fresh fruit and well prepared dishes. All personnel gave us a very welcome feeling, from all the waiters, the receptionists and of course Pam our host. Thank you, we'll definitely be back!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have stayed here twice now with friends, just to have a stay-cation, have a nice dinner and hit the town. It is walking distance from great shopping, bars and restaurants which makes it very convenient. I have stayed in 2 room types: The Deluxe Queen and the Deluxe Double. Both rooms were very cute, nicely decorated, clean and had a modern feel. I loved how spacious the Deluxe Double is! The bathroom and room are HUGE, there is a fireplace and shared patio area. If you want a great rate (be sure you will not need to cancel) choose the Advance Purchase rate. This hotel is an amazing value for the price and a nice way to spend a night on the town, have some drinks and not worry about driving. And to top it all off...they give you a cookie at check in. LOVE this place!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed at the Toll house in Los Gatos on Valentines, and I've got to say that it was one of the better hotel experiences I've had in a while. The hospitality services were to the T. I was greeted with a friendly smile from Chris who helped me with everything I needed. Reading the comments below I really think the hotel is wonderful. The staff and Chris are just amazing. Overall, the experience was wonderful and I would definitely see myself going again and recommending it as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Abel V, Front Office Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Alicia L,
Thank you so much for your encouraging feedback. We are very excited and motivated to hear that this was one of the best hotel experiences you have had in awhile. We look forward to your next visit in Los Gatos so we can provide you another memorable stay. See you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Gatos
Larkspur Landing Campbell
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
#2 of 2 in Saratoga

Been to Toll House Hotel? Share your experiences!