“Good Value for the Money”
Review of Toll House Hotel

Toll House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Good Value for the Money”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here for three nights in a row even though we live in the area. Our home was having an open house and we just wanted to stay out of the way. I thought the lobby was very attractive and warm. I loved the fact that they have a pretty good Happy Hour even on the weekends. The bar area was warm and cozy with the fireplace. The staff is friendly and the room was well appointed and comfortable albeit small-- we got the queen room. If you want more room I think you can upgrade for a little bit more. Prices were reasonable especially on the weekend. What is great is that it has a perfect location downtown Los Gatos. It honestly felt like a mini vacation even though we literally live about a mile away!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I really enjoyed my first stay at the Toll House. Our company houses us here and there's no other place I'd rather be the next time I come to California, USA. All the people are very nice. The person who stood out the most amongst the top notch people is the Manager Chris. He is just an outstanding person. Always smiling which helps a lot when you are a tired traveler. The room I stayed in is big and have all the things I need. I tried the restaurant and they are excellent as well. All in all, when my company sends me back, I will come back to the Toll House.

Room Tip: Stay inside facing room. Very quiet and nice view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2013

As an East Coaster working for a Bay Area company, I'm a regular at the Toll House Inn. It's a great hotel, and the staff is fantastic. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Los Gatos.

The town of Los Gatos is also a great little town with lots of restaurants, pubs and coffee houses. Los Gatos Creek Trail is right around the corner from the hotel.

Room Tip: double double and king rooms are both great if you can afford it, the suites are huge
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Is how I would sum up the front desk help from Chris and Carlos. I always feel like I'm the most important person they are talking to and they really make me feel at home. The Toll House is by far a cozy but modern hotel with all the amenities needed for a weekend stay in Los Gatos. I do wish the hotel still had their jacuzzi, but the the jacuzzi-tub, comfy bed/pillows and really nice bathrooms stocked with all you need, including their plush robes make up for it. We've stayed in one of the other fancy (and expensive) hotels near by, but have to say I like the down home feel and the helpful staff to walk back to (underground parking...never have to use your car to get around town) after spending an evening in town or a morning at the farmer's market. Can't beat the price, the comforts and not to forget the awesome C&C!!! Thanks again for helping us make our weekends more memorable!

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing court or street side...view of the mountains
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Toll House Hotel is an excellent value in the Silicon Valley. Charming town, beautifully updated hotel, excellent and attentive staff enhances the experience. The Toll House staff also handles corporate events with a high degree of excellence I will always stay at the Toll House when in the Silicon Valley for work.

Room Tip: The food is awesome in 3 Degrees. All the service staff is excellent.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Middletown, Maryland, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with very helpful front desk.....always a plus for the weary traveler checking in! The upper level rooms have a beautiful view which overlooks a courtyard with fire pits. There are beautiful white lights strung between the balconies. Very pretty. Bathrooms are immaculate and stocked with high end shampoos, conditioners, etc. I did not eat on the premises but the restaurant looked very nice and lively in the evening. The only con was that I was told upon check-in that 50 dollars per night would be charged to my credit card to cover any amenities I might use in the room. For two nights, this was an added 100 dollars up front, even though I am one that never utilizes room services, or eats or drinks from the stocked refrigerator when I stay in hotels. I felt that this is a very high amount to be added to the room rate, and it should have been clarified when booking.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Will F, Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Christina W.,

Thank you very much for your great review. We are very happy that you loved the rooms, views, and bathroom. And we are thrilled with your opinion of our "Great Front Desk!" Our wonderful employees really do make the difference, throughout the hotel.

Thank you also for the feedback on our CC authorization policy. While it is now standard industry practice to authorize an additional amount at check-in which allows guests to charge meals or other items to their room account, your review is a helpful reminder that not all guests are expecting this. When no charges are added to the room account, this additional authorization is released at check-out. We hope this did not inconvenience you greatly.

Warm regards,
Will Farrow
Director of Rooms
Newport Beach, CA
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a great small hotel near shops and restaurants. The room we got had an updated bathroom/vanity. Soap and shampoo are in a dispenser, so for someone like me with long hair, quantity was not an issue (though the pumps do not work well - I must have had to push on it twenty times to get a sufficient amount of product). The room was not heated prior to our arrival, so it was freezing, and the heating unit is a bit loud. No gym...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jim G, General Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear trylmnke:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback of our hotel. Your comments are valuable as we are currently looking at options to improve the dispensers. They have been well received, and I understand that there is area for improvement. We have also been replacing the heater units throughout the hotel. As part of the final phase of renovation, we are almost complete with our new fitness room. I expect it to be completed in the next 45 days.

Thank you again for your feedback. We continually look to improve on the experience of our guests, and these comments help us do so. I trust when you return your will be pleasantly surprised that your comments went directly to our actions. Thanks again!

Jim Gerney
#3 of 9 in Campbell
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
#2 of 2 in Saratoga

Been to Toll House Hotel? Share your experiences!