“Excellent Offsite Venue”

Toll House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I held an offsite sales meeting for about twelve (12) people at the Toll House. The service was fantastic and the space was perfect for our event. I would definitely recommend the Toll House to anyone looking for an outstanding meeting venue. They really are small town charm with modern sophistication!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Toll House Hotel

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'm in the San Jose area about one night a week for business and have tried various hotels in the last few months. Toll House has become my personal favorite. Rooms are spacious and clean. Suites are magnificent and include a fireplace. Rooms are very quiet and private. The hotel staff are very helpful and courteous. They are always ready to do the right thing for the customer. AnnaLee in particular has been very helpful to me. And they will give me very nice chocolate chip cookies any time for no charge - even late at night.
So the hotel is very nice. The bonus is the neighborhood. I love hotels where I can walk out the front door and quietly explore, finding quality restaurants, coffee shops, etc. within a couple of blocks. This is Los Gatos - a quiet gem at the edge of a noisy Silicon Valley. And if you have daytime to explore head over to Santa Cruz - just 15 minutes away.
Finally the room rates are very reasonable. In addition I can often get a very inexpensive upgrade to a suite (maybe they know me by now ?).
If you want a hotel with a lot of flash and many different restaurants this may not be for you. But everyone else should love this place.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2013

It all started when we checked in. A warm greeting and both deskmen were very attentive with all our needs. Had a beautiful room that was recently decoratived and made us feel like king and queens. We enjoyed a few drinks at the bar and had a delightful conversation with the bartender. The bedding was so comfortable we slept like babies through the night. Had breakfast in the Hotel and our waiter was very friendly and the food was delicious. Had a great time walking down the main strip shopping and spending a carefree day. Will return the next time we stay in los gatos and maybe even if we wanted to go to Santa Cruz. This is a hidden resort that everyone should consider spending some relaxing time.

Room Tip: Room 303 good size and looked over the fountain and outdoor patio. It is also pet friendly so we pl...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at the Toll House for a weekend for a friend's wedding and was completely blown away by their attentiveness and willing to go above and beyond what any other hotel has ever done.
On our first day there they gave my friends and I handfuls of these yummy, soft, freshy baked chocolate chip cookies. This of course made all of us very happy:)
A few hours after we checked in, the porter named Doug (who by the way has got to be one of the most courteous and cheerful person I've met) knocked on our door with A BOX OF CUPCAKES. He told me they were compliments of the hotel and carefully lined enough cupcakes for all of us, even making sure to alternate between the pretty dark and light pink frosting. It was so adorable and I was just speechless at their surprise.
They continued to go above and beyond my expectations when I called to see if I could stay in a double even though I had booked a queen for the next day and they immediately granted my wish for no additional cost, even though the double was slightly more expensive than the queen I had originally booked.
All of the hotel employees I encountered (especially Doug) were so friendly that it obvious that they care about and put hard work into their job everyday. Absolutely LOVE this place!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Will F, Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you blagunas! We love to hear great stories about our staff members providing excellent service. It sounds like Doug really went above and beyond for you. Our genuine warm and friendly employees like him make the difference. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope you return soon.

Will Farrow
Director of Rooms Operations

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Made a mistake in the booking date for our reservation and didn't realize it until the day we were supposed to check in. We called the hotel and asked if they could move It to another date. Abel, the agent who took the call, did so willingly and politely even though the hotel didn't have to so do.

Thanks Abel, for giving us great customer service!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Will F, Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you stringman101 for taking the time to share your experience. Abel is our Front Office Manager who clearly leads by example. I am glad that you were happy with the service he provided. We look forward to providing more great service during you next visit to Los Gatos.

Will Farrow, Director of Rooms

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We got a fantastic rate when we bought air and hotel through SWA, $79. We'd stayed at Toll House in the 80's many times and were not disappointed this time. Although the room was small and tucked in a corner, it was sunny and warm. The hotel has quite a history in Silicon Valley and many deals were brokered there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night in order to be close to dine at Manresa. It was very cold weather for the area and when we got into our room the temperature inside was definitely colder than it was outside. The air/heat comes from a large older unit on the floor so the only option is low or high heat, and low or high air with a temperature knob. It took hours for it to warm up inside the room and then there is no auto option so had to wake up in the middle of the night to turn it down. I took a hot shower when we arrived which produced enough steam that it actually set off the fire alarm in our room! The bathroom itself is very nice and had been redone but obviously no vent. Has European features like the eco-flush toilet and dispensers in the shower with shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. Bathrobes are always a nice touch. Staff was pleasant. Plenty of parking below the hotel. Convenient to downtown Los Gatos which is an adorable area with little wine stores, cafes, restaurants and stores. Other thing to note is if you are coming here for an event or wedding with a large group and might make noise. They had us sign a noise disclaimer which essentially gave them the right to boot us if we had guests in our room that were too loud. It makes sense in order to protect the other guests but I have never had to sign something like this before. I know from previous experience as part of a room wedding block at other hotels, our group could get noisy so I'd be apprehensive of booking this hotel if I were throwing my own event. The walls and doors are also thin so it isn't as if the rooms are well insulated from noise to begin with. We could clearly hear conversations as we were walking down the hall.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jim G, General Manager at Toll House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear SF Crabette:
Thank you for your candid feedback. We recognize the challenges we have with the heating units and are in the process of replacing all of them. I also appreciate your comments regarding the noise disclaimer. We host many successful wedding events and rooms, but at time have noise complaints. We do our best to ensure that every guest has an excellent experience. On a positive note, I am happy that you enjoyed the hospitality from our staff. They are what make this hotel so desirable. Thank you again for posting your experience.
Jim Gerney

#3 of 75 in San Jose
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
#2 of 2 in Saratoga

Been to Toll House Hotel? Share your experiences!