Just concluded a very nice stay at the Toll House in the center of Los Gatos. First, the downside, the few negatives that made this rating Very Good but not Excellent:
1. Spa and health club was under renovation and unavailable. The hotel substituted a pass to work out a a local club down the street, but it's not quite the same.
2. The lobbyis small, and really doesn't offer any seating that allows collegues to meet and work. Compounded by the restuarant NOT being open for lunch.
3. Room service was fine...except they were out of menu items rye bread and tomato juice. One? Ok, but both?
Now the good news. Extremely attentive staff, from front desk through to maintenance. Every interaction was positive, professional and reassuring - this is a great team. My room (two doubles) was spacious and extremely quiet, the bath was well laid out and very functional. I had a small balcony, and while the window was small, the glass door made up for it and did not make me feel claustrophobic.
The work area was functional - would have preferred a better desk chair, but the balance of the layout was fine. WiFi throughout the property. Large flat screen as you would expect, plus a DVD player and a nice loaner library int he lobby.
Bed and bedding was excellent - left me totally comfortable and totally rested.
If you are doing business in silicon valley, this is a great place to base. Highly recommended, and I will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Charmed. Toll House is a unique fusion of the warm intimacy of a small town hotel and modern sophisticated hospitality. Situated in the heart of beautiful Los Gatos, Toll House captures the charm and ambiance of historic downtown and is only steps away from a delightfully bustling array of chic boutiques and eateries. This charming boutique hotel is a peaceful retreat at the gateway to Silicon Valley offering personalized experiences tailored to guest's individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and movie libraries, to a full service business center and a knowledgeable concierge program. Additionally, the hotel offers signature brand elements, including Essential Elements bath and body products, high-tech efficiencies and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Toll House is a dog friendly hotel, please note that a $75 pet fee will apply. Just off the lobby is Verge Restaurant, a place to entertain associates, celebrate old friends and perhaps meet some new ones. At every step, from cocktails in the bar to a meal under the stars, you'll find the friendliest wait staff in Los Gatos at your service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Toll House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Los Gatos
- Toll Hotel Larkspur Collection