Not that I really know what a room by the hour joint is like, but I can only imagine it is better than this place. I have been here for only two hours, and if the other hotels near here weren't booked, I'd already be gone. I might still move to another hotel that is less conveniently located. After waiting at check-in for someone to "inspect" my room after housekeeping was finished with it, I got my keys and went to the room, only to find hair in the tub and half used amenity bath products. I called the front desk, and they could not have been nicer. They immediately offered to change my room. The second room was much more run down, but at least safer since it was Oman upper floor. Still, the bathroom was not clean, and the amenities were used. This time, I took the used products to the front desk. The attendant apologized, then offered me new bottles, but one had clearly been previously opened since it was indented and resealed. By this time, I had already been awake going on 22 hours due to travel, so I just took it and walked away, frustrated. I'm normally easy going, and thought maybe this is just a bad day for the hotel. When I got back to my room, I called room service so I could eat and then get some sleep. Even though the in -room dining menu said I could order dinner after 3, and when I checked I was told the restaurant opened at 3, the person on the phone said I could not order til after five. I challenged this, and was told the kitchen would call me back, which they did. I ordered a sandwich and a glass of wine. The sandwich was hideous... Flavorless, and not hot, although it was supposed to be a grilled sandwich. The wine came in glass that was filfthy... It had dried. It of paper and who knows what stuck outside and inside the glass. The motel where I usually stay, just down the street, is spotless and half the price. I guess I know why they were sold out. I come to Los gatos twice a year for a conference. I will never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Charmed. Toll House is a unique fusion of the warm intimacy of a small town hotel and modern sophisticated hospitality. Situated in the heart of beautiful Los Gatos, Toll House captures the charm and ambiance of historic downtown and is only steps away from a delightfully bustling array of chic boutiques and eateries. This charming boutique hotel is a peaceful retreat at the gateway to Silicon Valley offering personalized experiences tailored to guest's individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and movie libraries, to a full service business center and a knowledgeable concierge program. Additionally, the hotel offers signature brand elements, including Essential Elements bath and body products, high-tech efficiencies and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Toll House is a dog friendly hotel, please note that a $75 pet fee will apply. Just off the lobby is Verge Restaurant, a place to entertain associates, celebrate old friends and perhaps meet some new ones. At every step, from cocktails in the bar to a meal under the stars, you'll find the friendliest wait staff in Los Gatos at your service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Toll House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Los Gatos
- Toll Hotel Larkspur Collection