“great location, kid friendly”
Review of Toll House Hotel

Toll House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We went to an amazing family wedding at Nestledown up the hill. Los gatos is a charming downtown area, very walkable and this hotel is a great location for strolling thru the shops.

Room Tip: if you have kids, ask for a room that opens to the courtyard- lots of run around space where you can...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LBGSanDiego
There are newer reviews for Toll House Hotel

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed at the toll house for one night while on a business trip. The rooms were very nicely updated with flat screen tv and nice amenities. The bed was comfortable. My only complaint was the wall ac unit. It made a lot of noise and it was hard to regulate the temperature. I wish they had put in central air and heat. We had dinner at the restaurant and it was fine. Service was good. Basic fare but tasty. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank youngboo
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We recently stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. Our party booked three rooms and all of us had a good stay. The rooms were spacious and beautifully furnished. Most seemed to have a balcony with chairs and a table. Beds were really, really comfortable. Supplies in the room were top of the range with lovely l'occitane toiletries, tea forte tea bags and even a bottle of flavoured syrup to add to your coffee. Our rooms faced inwards towards the court yard and we heard no noise from other rooms so we have a very peaceful stay.

The staff in the hotel were especially friendly and helpful. They did everything they could to make sure our party were on the same floor. When I asked for directions they even googled them for me and then printed them out. When ever we were waiting in reception they popped over to make sure we were ok and asked if they could help.

The hotel also had other nice touches such as complementary fresh apples and flavoured iced water in the lobby. Location was also excellent, it is just on the edge of town but just a couple of minute walk to shops, cafes and restaurants.

All in all a fantastic stay with no negatives. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing courtyard seemed quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My wife and I had tickets to Coldplay at the HP Pavilion in San Jose (great show, by the way) and we decided to stay at the Toll House instead of driving back to San Francisco late at night. That decision proved to be a great one!
We checked in early in the day. To our delight, the room was ready. Nice touch - the front desk agent came around the desk to hand us the keys, shake our hands to say welcome, and take us to the elevator. Very "lean forward" type of service!
The room was spacious and well appointed. Lots of cream and brown tones; could probably use some more color...
The bed was super comfy. A tad soft for my taste, but my wive LOVED it!
Took advantage of Happy Hour. Sat outside on the restaurant patio (awesome weather) and ordered a barrage of appetizers before heading out to HP. The food was tasty; service was very friendly!!!
Wandered around town for awhile on Saturday afternoon (some fun little boutiques) and again on Sunday morning (great little farmers market just a block away).
Perfect weekend getaway!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My company uses Toll House often for people visiting HQ in San José, so I was here for 12 nights in March 2012. I had dinner here twice - v. good - didn't have any other meals at the hotel - there are plenty of local restaurants in Los Gatos, so I tried most of them. Room was large, well-fitted and very comfortable - I slept as well as jet lag allowed me. I was opposite the Post Office on the top floor, but didn't notice any noise from there - the wind and rain made some noise once or twice alright. I used the gym once (tiny, but nobody else was there, so fine). The location is good, within walking distance of everything in Los Gatos and hotel itself is a good choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2012

First the good. The staff are great, helpful and show care. The location is just a walk from a great down town atmosphere, and close to the highway. The rooms are well appointed and the beds are soft and "fluffy." the bathroom is clean and the toiletries are high class. Breakfast at the "three degrees" is awesome, I suggest the omelets! They provide a usatoday and wall street journal at the front desk, and the meeting room service for a management retreat is high quality and friendly service. The SPA for a relaxing break is 50-75 yards away down the street.

Now for the bad... if you have a room near the next door lumber yard or facing the main street, you will be up all night. Car traffic with porous windows leads to a bad night for a light sleeper. The windows are thin so you can hear a lot. I had to move my room the morning after I had arrived from the east coast around midnight.. as I had only a few hours asleep until the tractor trailer or some truck backed into the lumberyard driveway awoke me at 5a and the other trucks coming and going kept me up. Once I was moved to the quiet area, I slept well. And they comp'ed me for breakfast for my experience. So all is well. I would stay here again but only if I get the same room I got this time!

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper, stay away from rooms near the street and lumberyard parking and flow roa...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 29, 2012

So glad my friend blocked rooms here for her wedding. This hotel is amazing! It is gorgeous, and the staff bent over backwards to ensure our stay was perfect and that our bride was happy. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
#3 of 75 in San Jose
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
#2 of 2 in Saratoga

Been to Toll House Hotel? Share your experiences!