“It was a bed and that's about it...”
Review of Los Gatos Lodge

Los Gatos Lodge
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I booked a room here for my daughters and mother for one night until our moving truck arrived with the beds.

The first room we were given was towards the back, the room had a horrible musty/moldy smell and one of the beds had a lean to it. The head of the bed was much lower than the foot. In general the room was shabby and rundown. Went back to the front desk to request another room, the man at the desk seemed surprised but gave us a new room. The new room was much cleaner and looked like it had been refurbished in recent history. Breakfast was provided, but everyone came back hungry. It was cheap for the one night but I wouldn't recommend staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 3, 2011

This hotel was great- stayed for 4 days on a business trip. Theres nothing in walking distance in the immediate area, will have to drive everywhere. The room met all my basic needs: clean, nice and safe location. If you want extra amenities, you can pay the $150+ at other local hotels, but this place met my needs comfortably. Yes, it's a little dated, but it truly did give me that 'lodge' feeling. My only problem was that their free wifi wouldn't connect/kept disconnecting me.

Pros: price, safe, comfortable bed, clean, continental breakfast with quality items, driving distance to most locations, Enrique @ front desk was nice and welcoming, close to HWY.

Cons: Internet problems

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 16, 2011

stayed here my room was very clean and comfortable!!! The staff were very friendly and nice the pool looked great although it wasn't the weather to enjoy it. Plenty of parking it is a great place to stay. food is good and tasty... also offers a complimentary fitness facility

Room Tip: Executive Suite - in-room jacuzzi
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mukesh68
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Clean basic rooms at a great value. Some people may complain about this place being outdated, but I think that the beautiful garden more than makes up for it. The staff was very responsive and friendly. The property is close to the freeway, but it was nice and quiet in our room. Overall our stay was very pleasant and enjoyable. I would recommend my friends and family to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed at Los Gatos Lodge for four nights in July 2011. Clean, basic room at a modest price. Ample free parking. Hearty breakfast buffet with hot and cold items included in cost of room. Beautiful lush gardens, very well maintained. Helpful, pleasant staff. Based on our experience, we'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I write this after my first night here. I had no bed pillows and none were provided. I had only the usual decorator pillows (with the covering matching the bedspread) and they could not provide me with real pillows when I asked -- but they did bring pillow cases so I wouldn't have to put my face on what wasn't washed regularly. But the place was quiet last night so I slept well on the old fashioned mattress. The pool closed early. There's nothing to eat late at night within walking distance. Mostly just disappointing. But I'm getting it cheap. I've got one more night here. I hope I get pillows. AND I asked for a 7 am wake up call and it's now 7:08 and I didn't get it. TERRIBLE service.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2011

If your travels take you near the Los Gatos area, then certainly reading the local maps will lead you to this place. Although this is certainly not the worst hotel I've ever been in, it's not the best either, not by a long shot.

First of all, the rooms: I'm sure they were very fashionable and "hip" in about 1970. The walls are inconsistent between somewhat ugly wallpaper and an odd, almost corrugated, style. Lighting is basic, heavy on harsh fluorescent fixtures, not even the newer kinds that somewhat look like regular light bulbs. In-room amenities are basic, but include a coffee maker...it's like no other coffee maker I've ever seen, but it makes coffee.

Second, the music. At about 11:30pm, a time when in a residential area I could have complained, there was very audible live music at what sounded like a very short distance away from my room, and not even very good live music at that. I don't know how regular this is, however this place does have an attached bar and club, so it might be pretty commonplace.

Service quality is pretty good, though I ran into a bit of a trouble with the internet not working, and no one was around to fix it for a few hours. I didn't try to order breakfast or any other meal, but I can't think that I missed much. On a last note, the curtains and carpets in my room were pretty...bad, in my opinion, but I guess I can't knock them for that as long as they're clean.

Bottom line, while you're going to find worse hotels in the area than this one, it's just not worth the $100 dollars for the motel-like quality that you get. If you're going to be spending in the $100 range, you'd be much better off at one of the higher-end hotels in the area.

• Stayed: April 2011
The Inn at Saratoga
The Inn at Saratoga
#1 of 2 in Saratoga
Larkspur Landing Campbell

Been to Los Gatos Lodge? Share your experiences!