“Pretty much what I had hoped for.”

Main Street Burgers
Ranked #17 of 164 Restaurants in Los Gatos
Cuisines: American
Scotts Valley
“Pretty much what I had hoped for.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Once again I tried a new restaurant courtesy of "coupon" - this time it was Living Social. We live in Scotts Valley and the short trip to MSB in Los Gatos was only 15 minutes and another 5 to find parking.

Unfortunately I have been crazy busy so of course, I used my certificate on the day it was due to expire, Saturday, Oct 6th. Thought the restaurant would be crazy busy with all other Living Social procrastinators, but surprisingly, it wasn't. There was 1 cashier and a line of maybe 4 people started to develop and another gal jumped on the 2nd pos system to help us out. Menu is extensive and they serve beer & wine. My husband ordered the Main Street Original w/cheese and I ordered the California Burger (pepper jack cheese, sprouts, etc.) with a lettuce wrap. MSB uses Niman Ranch beef and we thought the beef alone was good - to be honest, nothing spectacular in flavor. However, I know the beef is "natural", so better for you.

Along with the 2 burgers, we shared french fries (thinner cut, fresh, good), my husband had a beer an I had a soda - bill came to ~ $27, less the Living Social cert. Seemed like customers came in waves - nice line of maybe 7-8 people then no one. Ordering was quick, employee was pleasant. I joked about being sorry I had the Living Social cert as I figured they had to deal with MANY of them the last day, but she quickly let me know there was no problem at all and I appreciated that! The environment was nice, so overall it was a very good experience. Definitely above average but didn't walk away thinking, wow, that was GREAT. But, we'll definitely be back.

• Visited October 2012

Oakland, California
“It's fast food. Calibrate your expectations.”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Decent chicken taco salad. Sweet potato fries a little overcooked. Okay as fast food goes. Service could be better. It was slow, but clerk almost forgot to give me my bottled water (I had to ask for it) and gave me the wrong dressing, which I didn't discover until I got back to the hotel (it was a takeout order). Luckily, I ended up really liking that dressing, so no harm there. Still, that was just luck. But my expectations aren't that high for fast food. So, I give them a pass.

Visited September 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
“Los Gatos Best Burgers”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We often go through Los Gatos and we love our burgers and this is the place. We have never had a bad one here, they are all great. Pick your own and now you have to check out the fountain drink dispenser. Hit the coke and then it gives you choice of 5 or 6 flavors. Lemonade is the same thing. Love the ambiance outside where you can bring your dog and tie it to the table. In Los Gatos, this is a big advantage.

• Visited August 2012
Saratoga
“good burgers”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I like that you can sit and watch your burgers being cooked, and you can choose your burgerand buns haave fix it the way you want and they are good and fast

Visited August 2012
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Sweet potato fries!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The downtown plaza concert made this locale busy on a Wednesday night, but the burgers were great (dress them yourself at a catsup bar), and the sweet potato fries were perfection! Generous portions and reasonable prices. Great casual meal.

Visited July 2012