“Vasona Lake Park...”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Vasona Lake Park...”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I love riding my mountain bike around the percolation ponds up past the lakes and all the way up to Lexington Reservoir but the dog walkers with a leash stretched across the bike path and mommies pushing strollers three across on the bike path can be a real pain! As a rule, most people are polite but they seem to forget that there is a yellow striped line on the path for a reason! Slower traffic should ALWAYS stay to the right especially around blind curves...We bike riders will slow around the curves but I hope everyone just uses some common sense while enjoying the park...Have a Great Day!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rick_W96

San Jose, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lovely day at the park”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Peace and wonderful scenery with the Lake and wildlife including the children. Lots of trails and tables for eating and resting.

Visited July 2013
Los Gatos, California
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Beautiful park, great outing for all ages and occasions”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have been going to Vasona Park for the last 15 years and never tire of it. I go there by myself for a walk with my dog. I have taken my young children there for the playground, to have a picnic, wade in the creek and for picking wild berries. My now teenage kids go there for picnics and to hang out. They have had birthday celebrations there and have rented kayaks and paddle boats for their friends. We have set up a volleyball net and had a day long picnic. Vasona goes into Oak Meadow park and that is a wonderful park for kids with its Billy Jones railway train, old fashioned carousel and the playground that has an airplane. There is the nearly endless creek trail that runs through Vasona which is fantastic for walking, biking, rollerblading or running. It's a wonderful, wonderful park!

Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Great park with boating, steam train, and more”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We discovered this park only because the highway was bumper-to-bumper on Labor Day and we wanted to find a park to eat lunch in. What a great discovery! They have sailboats, canoes and paddle boats you can rent on the lake, which was very peaceful ($15 for one hour for the paddle boats). The small scale steam railroad is fun and only $2. The carousel was also only $2 and was the longest carousel ride we've had in a long time. A small concession stand offers hot dogs, ice cream and drinks for a reasonable price (near the carousel and train).
There are a lot of geese and since they're not potty-trained, watch where you step when you're near the lake. Parking is limited. Several picnic areas that can be reserved for parties. And I don't remember the last time I've seen a public park that allows beer and wine at the picnic areas. $6 parking fee to get in.

Visited September 2013
Norway
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Beautiful green surroundings near San Jose”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Visited this park while staying with friends in Campbell, San Jose. I was a bit surprised to find such beautiful green surroundings close to town. Very nice for hiking, cycling and jogging. We just spent some hours strolling around, looking at the beautiful surroundings. Recommendable!

Visited May 2013