“Impressive remodel”

Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Considering that I travel for a living I don't usually kiss and tell when it comes to my favorite hotels. The reason for this is it tends to be counter productive. It obviously becomes tougher to get a room if everybody knows about a newly established hidden gem like this. ----- The quality of the recent remodel was impressive. I don't know how many times I've seen owners dump a ton of money into carpet, paint, and furnishings and then you slide the curtains open to find 30 year old single pane windows. Not the case here. High quality windows, very tastefully decorated rooms, new heating and air conditioning units along with 250+ channel digital cable turned me into an instant fan. I was treated very well by Brian, Renee, and the rest of the staff so I am reluctantly breaking my own don't kiss and tell rule. Another bonus. It's about a ten minute walk or two minute drive from beautiful downtown Los Gatos, which has a plethora of fine dining and boutique style shopping. Enjoy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Gavin M, Manager at Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you, Rich! It's great to hear you're so impressed with the recent changes we've made. Although I understand why you're hesitant to spread the word about your favorite hotels, I'm glad you broke your own rule to write us such a thoughtful recommendation. I know Brian, Renee and the rest of our staff will appreciate it just as much as I do!

Safe travels,
Gavin, General Manager

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had stayed in this inn a couple of years ago before the renovations began. What a change! The renovated rooms are extremely nice and very comfortable. Loved the Kuerig coffee maker and flat-screen TV. Large shower head provided great showers. Bed and pillows excellent. Room was very quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. Couldn't ask for much more. Certainly is the best choice in Los Gatos.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gavin M, General Manager at Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

David, thanks so much for your wonderful review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. We have put a lot of love into this renovation, and it looks like we're paying off! Check us out on Facebook too and help us spread the word!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

They did not have my confirmed reservation in their system and they were sold out.. But they went out of their way to help and propose solution that was to my satisfaction. Very friendly staff, nice comfortable rooms. Enjoyed my stay and would go back... The Gym is small but fine, change your rules of 7:00am start only... Business folks that want to train will want to go to gym at 6:00am..

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Gavin M, General Manager at Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed our new rooms! I apologize about the hiccup at check in - our name change has resulted in a few curve balls, but we're getting back to form quickly! Thanks also for the tip about the fitness center. We are concerned about noise, but we will certainly give this more thought!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This little inn has improved dramatically since they renovated their rooms. The beds were so comfortable that I want to buy one for myself! Everything went smoothly during our stay. Their coffee is delicious and the people are very nice. We are definitely going to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Gavin M, Manager at Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you so much! I'm delighted to hear that from the coffee to our beds, you had such a wonderful stay with us. It's nice to know you appreciate all the hard work we've done to renovate the inn. It was a pleasure hosting you, and I hope to see you back again soon.

All the best,
Gavin, General Manager

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was very close to my friend's home in Los Gatos. It's just a short drive from the San Jose airport which was great. It's also very close to the interstate exit/entrance. It's only about a 15 minute walk to Santa Cruz Avenue where you'll find lots of shops and restaurants.
The restroom looked like it was recently renovated and was very clean except for one odd stain below the sink. They supplied soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and a shower cap. My room had a shower only, no bath. The water pressure and temperature were both good.
The sleeping area was a bit outdated. The beds were comfortable enough, but they could have used bed skirts to hide the stains on the box spring.
They advertise free wi-fi, but I never tested its strength. The continental breakfast was pretty basic: small packs of danish, yogurt, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, tea. There was also a coffee maker and free bottle of water in the room.
The staff were friendly enough, although I didn't have a lot of interaction with them. They did shut off the air conditioner when they cleaned the room, so it was a bit hot when we returned. However, the air conditioner did cool the room down pretty quickly so it wasn't that much of an issue.
All in all, this hotel was a decent stay. If I were ever in the area again I'd probably look elsewhere, but I wouldn't mind staying again if they had a good deal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
InTheIndustry55, General Manager at Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thanks for the detailed review! The next time you come into town, definitely look us up - the renovations coming are sure to impress!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised for a motor inn type place but it was very clean with great air conditioning. Would stay again. We had to stay here on a moments notice due the Los Gatos Lodge across the street was so horrible and I was really worried. Turned out great place to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed: June 2013
InTheIndustry55, General Manager at Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thanks so much for the review! I'm so proud of my team, who keep us up and running while our renovation proceeds along. We are happy to have served you and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have stayed at the LG Motor Inn for 20 years and over 100 times as we have property nearby. I don't mind the current construction or the broken heaters, but what I do mind are front desk clerks who, when advised of specific problems, turn it back on the customer. My elderly husband let front desk clerk "M" know that the heater was broken and he was freezing all night; her answer: "YOU should have come down and reported it at 2:00 a.m. (the front office is closed). Everything is broken here and that's why our rates are low. if you don't like it, find another place." No empathy or concern and clearly not interested in keeping long term loyal customers like us. Well "M," we will find another place and we'll make sure to tell 10,000 of our closest Internet friends they ought to consider it too. Julie S

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
InTheIndustry55, General Manager at Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

We certainly appreciate your longstanding business with us, and appreciate the patience you have with the renovation. We are all anxiously awaiting the time (coming this summer!) when everything is new and in perfect working order.

While I agree with the title of your post, I fear the gist of it may have been misconstrued. Because we are unable to do much about certain things until they are replaced as a whole, our front desk was apologizing and suggesting that until we get everything up and running, that maybe you could try another location in the meantime. I agree that the delivery probably wasn't the best, but it certainly wasn't an attempt at running you out of town. Thanks for being understanding in this, and we look forward to dazzling you with the new rooms this summer!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Gatos
The Inn at Saratoga
The Inn at Saratoga
#1 of 2 in Saratoga
Larkspur Landing Campbell

Been to Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos? Share your experiences!