“Nice clean place”

Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised for a motor inn type place but it was very clean with great air conditioning. Would stay again. We had to stay here on a moments notice due the Los Gatos Lodge across the street was so horrible and I was really worried. Turned out great place to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed: June 2013
InTheIndustry55, General Manager at Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thanks so much for the review! I'm so proud of my team, who keep us up and running while our renovation proceeds along. We are happy to have served you and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have stayed at the LG Motor Inn for 20 years and over 100 times as we have property nearby. I don't mind the current construction or the broken heaters, but what I do mind are front desk clerks who, when advised of specific problems, turn it back on the customer. My elderly husband let front desk clerk "M" know that the heater was broken and he was freezing all night; her answer: "YOU should have come down and reported it at 2:00 a.m. (the front office is closed). Everything is broken here and that's why our rates are low. if you don't like it, find another place." No empathy or concern and clearly not interested in keeping long term loyal customers like us. Well "M," we will find another place and we'll make sure to tell 10,000 of our closest Internet friends they ought to consider it too. Julie S

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
InTheIndustry55, General Manager at Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

We certainly appreciate your longstanding business with us, and appreciate the patience you have with the renovation. We are all anxiously awaiting the time (coming this summer!) when everything is new and in perfect working order.

While I agree with the title of your post, I fear the gist of it may have been misconstrued. Because we are unable to do much about certain things until they are replaced as a whole, our front desk was apologizing and suggesting that until we get everything up and running, that maybe you could try another location in the meantime. I agree that the delivery probably wasn't the best, but it certainly wasn't an attempt at running you out of town. Thanks for being understanding in this, and we look forward to dazzling you with the new rooms this summer!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great strong wifi!
Clean!
My room didn't have a mini fridge and saw that some did. Ask if you want one. I did and was disappointed.
As for location my friend lives very close to the motel. But otherwise nothing is close. Town would be about a six block walk.
Los gatos is very ritzy. The cost of the place reflects the area.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank MeganHarrington
Gavin M, General Manager at Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thanks for the review! Just wait till we upgrade our wireless and put hardwired ethernet jacks in every room as part of the renovation! The fridges will become standard in every room as well, complete with microwaves and big screen TV's.

Glad you enjoyed Los Gatos. It really is a wonderful town!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Do not expect anything but a bed to sleep in and good smelling toiletries. Bathroom was ok too and it was clean enough but....the building itself is Old Dirty, unsafe and outdated, No pool. Management Said renovations are going on but in fact the only renovations I saw are to the parking lot because they are sharing a parking lot with a new restraunt shopping center being built. I had a second story room and I felt very unsafe even walking on the top floor to get to my room. The floor was cracking and actually felt like it was buckeling, I literally walked next to the rooms rather then next to the railing if felt very unsafe. I am sure it has safety issues. The Motel owners need to put some money into this Motel in such a charming area. They should be embarassed of such a Dive in such a beautiful place. Los Gatos is a very cute town. This hotel is not walking distance to town but only 3 minute drive. Easy bicycle drive away. Lot's of cute shops and restraunts and an old fashion movie theater. I was there for an Art Festival. Lovely people. Even motel managment was nice. I would pay the $89 again only because they gotcha by the you know whats. All the rest of the hotels are much more $. But shame on the Owners for not giving the building an updo!

Room Tip: Rooms are not bad. It is the hotel building
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
InTheIndustry55, General Manager at Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

I think this shows that even our reviewers don't tend to read our reviews beforehand!

Thanks for the wonderful comments about the area we are in. It truly is a stunning town. Regarding the lack of proof that our renovations are underway: as of August 1st, the pool has been excavated but you cannot get to the site yet because that back wing is cordoned off as we tear apart the rooms in preparation of their remodel. The walls of the new lobby started going up on 8/13/2012 (this past Monday). There is no embarrassment or shame on the part of the owners, as we have started pouring money into this project years ago. The delays were unfortunate, but regardless, by this Thanksgiving most of the property should be renewed, including the upper walkway and railing.

Thanks again for staying, and we look forward to awing you once we have finished things up!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Wish I could give 0 stars, the WORST motel I have ever encountered. My husband and I walk into the room and immediately notice that we had been transported back to 1970. The room was horribly outdated. We put our luggage down and shut the door only to find that the door never fully closed, it was literally too small for the frame! We were able to "enjoy" the wafting cigarette smoke from the other guests as they stood outside near our room. At this point I felt an obligatory bed bug check was necessary. We pulled back the sheets and mattress pad only to find the remnants of a "murder scene" literally blood stains galore. So, we gathered our things and went straight back to the office to check out. We had spent a total of 2 hours debating whether we could deal with staying at this place so when we went to check out, I was not expecting to be charged the FULL price of the night. Unfortunately, they wanted their full payment and we left to find a more habitable place to stay.
Front desk was not friendly, the place is not worth a one star rating, and they actually charged us for the night even though we left within a couple of hours.
I do have to give them one compliment, the room (aside from the blood stains) was clean. If they had at least been willing to give us some sort of discount for not even staying in the room, it may have eased the shock and awe of the horrible experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
InTheIndustry55, General Manager at Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

First let me apologize for the treatment you received. I understand the frustration of not being taken seriously (and we know we have a few rough spots - we are working on them), and I have arranged for a full refund to your account. As for the room itself, there isn't much I can say that I haven't said already below, but wide sweeping changes are coming this fall (they are being implemented now, and should be completed soon). As well as replacing our furnishings and adding amenities to the rooms, we will be joining the growing ranks of smoke-free properties, not just in the rooms themselves.

We hope that you will give us another shot once we have freshened our look, and thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is a good reminder of the areas we need to work on improving.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I checked in on a Saturday to avoid the high weekend rates at Santa Cruz and Carmel which is where we are headed.It is in the middle of a make-over so that explains a lot.Bathroom was remodeled and very clean.Furniture is dated but acceptable for $89 per night.Not very acoustic and loud voces from other rooms were heard.Clean t/o and would recommed.Breakfast and coffee were good and had great biscotti.Excellent location for wine tasting.

Room Tip: go upstairs for quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
InTheIndustry55, General Manager at Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thanks so much for the stay and the review! We're really happy when we can offer our guests great value for their money, and with the renovation coming along nicely, soon we'll be able to sweep them off their feet as well! Looking forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is an older place in a very nice area. It is real close to the freeway to San Jose. It is about 10 minutes south of the San Jose area. It is clean and the staff are friendly. They have free wifi and a limited bakery breakfast. There is currently construction in front on the main street. The beds are comfortable. Yes the motel was constructed in the 1960's, but they keep it up. It is a good value for the area. The cleaning staff starts early, so don't try to sleep in without putting the do not disturb sign on the door.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Gavin M, General Manager at Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Thanks so much for staying, and taking the time to review us! I appreciate the comment about cleanliness - I have a great housekeeping staff who do wonders with the property. Make sure you come back once our renovations are complete (end of this year, we're thinking) and see just how much better it will be then!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Gatos
The Inn at Saratoga
The Inn at Saratoga
#1 of 2 in Saratoga
Larkspur Landing Campbell

Been to Best Western The Inn Of Los Gatos? Share your experiences!