“Amazing French quiche, pastries, and hot chocolate”
Review of Fleur de Cocoa

Fleur de Cocoa
Ranked #5 of 9 Bakeries in Los Gatos
Cuisines: French
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Fleur de Cocoa is simply amazing. It's a tiny French cafe tucked away in Los Gatos, but it's SO worth a stop.

First, have lunch. The classic Quiche Lorraine is fantastic- moist, light, flavorful, and fresh. They cook it on the spot for you, and it tastes that way. High quality cheese and ham, great crust. I recommend ordering it with a side salad, as it's perfectly dressed with a delicious French vinaigrette. The Croque Madame is also quite good, but I don't think anything can beat the quiche.

Next, move on to some pastries and dessert. There are too many choices, but you can't go wrong. The chocolate mousse is phenomenal, as are the croissants, palmiers, and apple turnovers. Flaky, buttery, and sinful. They make many in smaller sizes, which is much appreciated!

Lastly, you should really finish with coffee- or, better yet, the hot chocolate. Small, thick, and rich, exactly how the French make it.

Lovely atmosphere and service to top it all off. It's small, so go early to grab a table!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This little place is one reason why I can hang on in-between my trips to France. I LOVE this place. It hasn't disappointed me in the many years I've been going here. The hot chocolate is wonderful. The petite-sized pastries are such a good idea I don't know why more places don't do it. This is the only place I've found in the area that frequently has an apricot croissant, and I cannot resist if they are still in the case.

The chocolate and packaged goods they sell are excellent and make nice gifts if you can manage to give them away.

We've had their sandwiches and quiche and soup over the years. It's all very good. My only suggestion: make the coffee sizes bigger!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Incredible little patisserie with amazing croissants, pain au chocolat, mille-feuille, palmiers, hot chocolate.

On a recent visit, we were enjoying the (seasonal) pineapple chausson so much that another customer came over and asked us what we were eating!

Cannot recommend highly enough. If in the area, just go.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Small and cozy place with excellent pastries and the best hot chocolate. Try their onion soup.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I have been going here for several years, taking a leisurely drive up the coast to Los Gatos every chance I get. They are very welcoming and the food is great. I especially like the ham and brie french sandwich, with a side of salad. Very nice.