“A good value”
Review of I Gatti

I Gatti
Reserve with OpenTable
I Gatti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 165 Restaurants in Los Gatos
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

When we lived in the Bay we ate here a lot, and were pleased to find that the food was still a great value! Service has never been I Gatti's strong suit, so I didn't feel like a valued customer but the Lamb Shank and Linguini Nere, a very dramatic dish, were satisfying. I Gatti has always had pretty good wine by the glass, so we weren't disappointed in that department. We consider ourselves some of I Gatti's first customers when they opened in 1982 and although we don't go out of our way to eat there, we end up enjoying every dinner! Ambiance, meh!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We just spent our 31st anniversary at this lovely spot. We started with a glass of the Chianti Classico, the tasty warm bread and creamy spread. We just had to try the Gnocchi Bettola and we weren't dissapointed. Creamy and fluffy, just like gnocchi should be. Then we transitioned to a house salad which we thought was just a simple house salad. We were so wrong. The dressing was just delightful and there were these little goat cheese balls that added the perfect touch of flavor to the greens.
We love lamb and we love pappardelle so we just had to go with the Lamb Papparedelle al Ragu. Delicious. We also wanted some meat to savor so the Osso Bucco was just the ticket. Super tender and full of tomato and garlic. The marrow just melted in my mouth. The herbed risotto was a superb accompaniment with the robust meat. Even the broccolini were warm and cooked perfectly.
By this time we were quite satisfied, but I just had to order the Handmade Carmel Basket for dessert. It was a work of art. A gift to my senses, and I mean all 5. Literally, even my sense of hearing was delighted by the crackle of the caramel basket as I was breaking off bite sized pieces to entice my taste buds.
We'll definitely go back when we can. I'll have to order something different, but I think the Carmel Basket will need to be revisited.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Made reservations to dine early before a show in Saratoga. Warm welcome for our party of 5. Prompt and efficient and friendly service. Excellent calamari & carpaccio appetizers. (Bread was not up to the rest of the food). My generous Osso Buco was excellent...off the bone tender and flavorfull. Risotto and broccoli sides were fine as well. Good hot strong coffee. Wine list seems to be a bit more pricey than it ought...Nero d'Avola, eg, was only OK BUT priced as if it were top of the line. Overall, worth a try and would go back when next in Los Gatos.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

iGatti is our favorite "go to" place when we want a great meal. They have consistently good food and service, and we love taking friends and family there.

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Out party of 3 was happy with each of our meals. Here are the pros and cons, in my opinion:
Pros:
1. GREAT service from the host to the water attendant to the waitress. All exceptionally friendly and efficient.
2. Comfortable atmosphere. Can go dressy or casual. Linen table cloths. Limited outdoor seating.
3. Food made to order if asked to do so. Server will suggest if asked. She even offered the lunch menu for dinner.
4. Bread with good pepper spread offered before meal.
5. Our table had the eggplant, citrus scallop salad and the grilled chicken with mashed potatoes. All tasted great. Delicious marinara sauce!

Cons:
Citrus salad was a little pricey at $29 but parmesan eggplant was only $12....

Would recommend and will return when in town again.

1  Thank GoGirlies