“If this is a good steak, I am a steer!”

Forbes Mill Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Forbes Mill Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 170 Restaurants in Los Gatos
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Royce Ave.
Reviewed July 2, 2011

This is the third time I have eaten at Forbes Mill. On one occasion I had one of the best Prime Rib Courses I have had in an American restaurant. On the two occasions when I ordered a steak I have been mightily disappointed. A lump of bread from the nearby bakery might have been a better choice!

The “dry aged New York strip” at $42 was awful - robbery! My friend fared no better with the same dish.

In fairness my wife was delighted - or better - with her sea bass with crab. It was “absolutely delicious”. I suggest that the restaurant changes it's name to “Forbes Mill Fish House”.

TripAdvisor's Price Range of $31 to $20 for Forbes Mill is a joke. Finally, I can't understand how this restaurant is rated as the best in Los Gatos by TripAdvisor. This appears to be the first poor review it has received! Wonders never cease!

Reviewed June 21, 2011

This is a great place to eat meat. Glamour and charming atmosphere. I'll get back next time I'll visit the bay area.

Reviewed March 1, 2011

I think those are the best stakehouse in the town. It is a pricy, Fillet Mignon at price 40-50usd, but you get what you paid for. Uniqueue stakes, done in the way you imagine the best stake to be done. Wine selection is very good as well. Restaurant is located on the main street, reservation is not required. Usually not crowded (due to prices)

Reviewed January 12, 2010

Some friends and I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. It was wonderful service, especially when I had them present a homemade cake that I'd brought in earlier for a surprise. We will make this an annual place for events and special occasions. It's also fun to walk around Los Gatos afterward. The crowds have died down a bit in this town due to Santana Row. It still has a wonderful homey feel. The only thing its missing is a view and the decor is a bit dated.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

This has become our favorite steakhouse in the bay area. The steaks are just fantastic, but what I also appreciate are the great seafood options as well (the seafood risotto, in particular, is outstanding). They often have specials going on as well, with some great deals on multi-course meals. Desserts are good, but I prefer walking along Santa Cruz Avenue after dinner and hitting Cafe Delatti for frozen yogurt later on.