“Excellent place for groups”
Review of California Cafe - CLOSED

California Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main
Description: Located in charming Old Town, California Cafe offers an escape from the outside world. We feed the senses - California style - through our chef-driven creations, engaging service, and relaxing ambiance.
Los Gatos, California
“Excellent place for groups”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This restaurant has a bar and restaurant area. Great to go with friends and family. I would have given them 5 stars if their menu was a bit more imaginative. But, I should point out that what they do serve is well made and presented.

Visited October 2013

Liberty, Missouri
“Lunch perfection!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Even before you start your dining, you'll find yourself falling in love with this resaurant's setting and welcoming entrance. Once inside, waiters are friendly and accommodating and the food delicious and well-presented. I had a wonderful Asian salad my first visit and a scrumptious egg dish the following day. My grandchildren love to eat here. The children's menu offers a variety of choices.

• Visited March 2014
San Jose, California, Usa
“Great food and excellent staff.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great food and excellent staff. The desserts are amazing. It does get a little crowded, but most of the food is worth it and the ambiance is nice.

• Visited December 2013
United States
“California Cafe: Classic & Spirited”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This icon of Old Town has undergone many metamorphoses since I've been coming here (for nearly 30 years), but it still is one solid place to bring guests, especially for lunch. Outdoor dining on the expanded deck under the oak trees is magnificent, with the views and the breezes, although sitting in one of the booths alongside the window area inside is also charming, with that stunning sycamore tree as a backdrop. The menu is jam-packed with variety, from decadent to healthful (kale, apple and roasted chicken salad is the newest treat), and the drinks are inventive and flavorful. The bread here has always been a staple and the tasty olive oil with garlic dip is awesome. The servers are cheery and energetic and the place moves at high speed.

• Visited February 2014
Andre H, General Manager at California Cafe, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for your continued support and gracious review. You were able to capture so many facets that make our restaurant a special place. I appreciate you taking the time to let others know. The next time you join us I’d love to stop by and say hello. Please ask for me so I may introduce myself and thank you in person.

Best Regards

Andre’ Hall

California Cafe
Silicon Valley
“Seems to have lost it's edge”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I've been to dinner, brunch and lunch through the years and it's always been pretty decent. Until recently.....the last few times we went to brunch the food was cold, took forever to get it, had to ask for coffee refills and either they were understaffed in the kitchen or there is new management.
It's a beautiful setting but I was just very disappointed the last few visits. Not sure I will even choose to return.

• Visited February 2014
Andre H, General Manager at California Cafe, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. I am always looking for information into guest incite. Please email or give me a call at the restaurant to discuss your recent visit. I would like to get more information, so I can better enhance guests future experiences.