“Service issues, dirty bathroom”
Review of California Cafe - CLOSED

California Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main
Description: Located in charming Old Town, California Cafe offers an escape from the outside world. We feed the senses - California style - through our chef-driven creations, engaging service, and relaxing ambiance.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Place was nearly empty at 5:15 pm on Sunday. Was seated, and saw at least three servers. After 10 minutes, we were about to leave when a server finally came by to see us, not just walk by ignoring us. Her standard reply to everything was "no problem." When you're ordering items straight off the menu, I certainly hope it would not be a problem. If it is, why is the item on the menu? We were seated with the bar behind us. No separation other than the bottles between us and the bar. Noise level from bar could not be ignored. Might as well have sat us in the bar area. Bathroom had TP and paper towels all over the floor. Clearly no one had checked it...probably since much earlier in the day, if then. Unacceptable at a restaurant that has $30 entrees (and meals are a la carte). Too many other options in Los Gatos to put up with this.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

To many good restaurants in the area to go to one with an attitude . I don't like being seated in the bar to wait for seating. I am able to see empty tables. I am sure there are many in Los Gatos who like this service.. I do not.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I've tried this place several times thinking maybe they were just having an off day, but unfortunately, that was not the case. The service leaves a lot to be desired, With so many excellent restaurants to choose from in Los Gatos, I will not return to this place. The food in nothing to write home about.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

When you don't exactly know what you want to eat this is the perfect place. They have something for everyone. I love the potstickers. Great location and great ambiance.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Buzzy restaurant that seems to be doing everything right. Great professional service with lots of concern about diners likes and dislikes. No problem with decanting wine.

Really enjoyed this place and would return.