“You're going to plotz!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Manresa

Manresa
Reserve with OpenTable
Manresa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 162 Restaurants in Los Gatos
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Los Angeles, California
“You're going to plotz!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We enjoyed a beautiful dinner at Manresa! It was our anniversary weekend and we were lucky enough to get a reservation at this Michelin Star restaurant. We had multiple courses, all with wine pairing. Highly recommend adding the cheese course to the already extensive menu. Everything was beautiful and tasted unlike anything else I've ever had.

• Visited September 2013

Aarau, Switzerland
“Simply perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

What shall I say. We had a beautiful table, the food was outstanding and the service simply perfect. Big recommendation

San Francisco, California
“Disappointing Second Meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is the second time we have eaten at Manresa in 2013. The first time we liked it more than The French Laundry. This time the food, while excellent, was a notch below expectations, especially for the price. The first course, a zucchini custard, was inventive and flavorful. The mackerel course (my wife had sea bass as a substitue), was excellent, too. The disappointment was the pork slice, which was tougher than we would have expected for the standards of this restaurant. Courage, at $50, is meant to discourage bringing your own wine, but the wine list is quite expensive, so most of the diners in our section passed on wine with their meals.

2 Thank Gailyn63
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Would have added a star if it wasn't so expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

First of all, let me say that we knew what dinner in this restaurant was going to cost so we weren't shocked. But at roughly $200 a person, we did expect the food to extraordinary and it was not. Good, not great. Some of the many courses were better than others but all of the fish courses were "fishy" and not particularly subtle. The pork, while the best savory dish of the evening, was good not great.

The choreographed service was somewhat stilted and not particularly friendly, but efficient. Overall, there are better options in Los Gatos.

3 Thank AZ_Traveler214
Los Altos, California
“The best meal that I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I've been to Manresa 5 times now in several years and have never been disappointed. On one of these (my third trip), I had a meal that just floored me. It was different from anything that I had ever had and was literally the best thing that I had ever tasted. My wife got a small bite and agreed with me. Although the other trips have not equaled that one, the food remains among the best that I have ever enjoyed with stellar presentation and wait-staff that is sufficiently attentive and sophisticated that they know what you want before you can ask for it.

Don't trust the pricing listed on Tripadvisor though. On our last trip we went for the tasting menu with wine pairings and it was $750 with tip for 2 people. The food was superb as were the wines, but be ready for sticker shock. Certainly a "special occasions" type of place.

• Visited July 2013