“Anniversary Dinner”
Review of Manresa

Manresa
Reserve with OpenTable
Manresa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 164 Restaurants in Los Gatos
Boulder Creek, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Amazing presentation, creative menu, attentive staff, mouth watering food. Seated rather closely to a couple who were on their honeymoon, could have been awkward, but we ended up enjoying each others company.

Calgary
“More art experience than dinner - but it was beautiful”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was my second visit to Manresa in 2 years. Both times the meal, service and presentation were fabulous. It's a bit pretentious - some of the waiters refer to dishes as presentations - but they're right, this isn't just another meal, or even another nice meal.

I went with the Prix Fixe menu with premium wine pairings. The only dish which wasn't exceptional was a salmon course (good, well-executed, but nothing amazing), but the wine pairing in this case was especially good. Everything else was creative and startlingly beautiful.

Be prepared to spend a lot of time (my dinner took 3 hours) and a lot of money. The couple next to me were doing the chef's tasting and had surrendered close to the end, they couldn't keep up, there was just too much to taste and drink. I was impressed to see that many of the service staff that I saw on my first visit were still there 2 years later - it's that kind of place.

Be careful where you go after here, because it sets the bar absurdly high.

• Visited June 2012
Savannah, Georgia
“Seasonal and Spontaneous tasting for Foodies!”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I was just treated to a Father's Day Special occaision tasting at Manresa. I'd have to say that whatever I write here, can not do justice to this extremely fine dining experience. The stylishly appointed dining room is only exceeded by the phenomenal attention received from the wait staff. From the adventurous cocktails before being seated, to the thirteen courses throughout our evenings tastings every detail was magnificently presented, wonderful in flavor and mysteriously delivered with a sense of anticipation. After dinner we were treated to a quick tour of the kitchen by the maitre'd.

I would just say that all the recent reviews offered by Trip Advisor contributors are 100% accurate. This may be the finest restaurant I've ever visited.

• Visited June 2012
El Dorado Hills, California
“Just amazing!!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

One of the best restaurants I have ever been to. Amazing food and wonderful service. I love their "Into the Garden"!!!!!

Visited July 2011
Saratoga, California
“For Foodies only”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is an outstanding restaurant for the real "foodies" of the world. Only go with those who share adventuresome palettes and have a large wallet. Frankly, I think I have od'ed on tasting menus. So many small dishes just confuse my palette.

Visited September 2011