“1st visit - will return”

Wine Cellar Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wine Cellar Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 164 Restaurants in Los Gatos
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mullen Avenue
Description: Tucked in a corner of historic Old Town Center, Wine Cellar has bee a Los Gatos favorite wince 1966. Dine al fresco on our award winning patio or venture downstairs for a more intimate experience of golden washed walls and candle lit booths. Choose from Cheese or Chocolate Fondue, the freshest seafood including Wild Salmon & Abalone, Chops, Pasta or Painted Hills All Natural Beef. Open daily with brunch on Sundays.
London
“1st visit - will return”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have been to many restaurants around Los Gatos but for some reason not the Wine Cellar, I left wondering why as it was very good. It is clearly popular and for good reason, the food is good, excellent starters, the main course was good but mine was very hot (temperature not spice) which was a bit odd, the service attentive and the atmosphere lively.

My impression was that the starters were the better part of the meal but I left with a good impression, it was reasonable value and I will certainly go back.

• Visited January 2013

San Jose, California
“Tell Jay we sent ya!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Jay is a great bartender and really knows his drinks...or can make up whatever you like. The food is excellent too! The staff are friendly and even the chef comes around to say hi!

Visited February 2013
San Jose, California
“Reliable good experience”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have been to the Wine Cellar many times and have never been disappointed. We returned recently for a birthday dinner. We enjoyed the cheese fondue appetizer and chocolate fondue (among others) for dessert. The entrees are excellent, my daughter always enjoys the short ribs. Serving sizes are generous. Service was very attentive. Definitely recommended.

• Visited January 2013
Danville, California
“Never disappoints”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We especially love this restaurant in summer on a warm evening on the patio, but we went for a holiday season dinner with friends and found it cozy and pleasant inside on a winter's day. The food here is always excellent. I love the abalone since we can't get it many places. The service is friendly; diners always seem cheerful. Every element seems to come together. We haven't had an item we didn't like. I don't understand why it isn't rated higher because it is always a pleasure to dine here.

• Visited December 2012
Morgan Hill, CA
“Always a great meal”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice restaurant and every meal I've had here has been delicious. I was here for lunch with a friend last week. I had the chicken quesadilla and my friend had the beef medalions. The serving sizes were pretty huge for lunch ,so we both had to take leftovers home. The food was well prepared and very tasty. The service is very good and attentive, and it's a comfortable atmosphere. I would definitely recommend The Wine Cellar for a special meal out. In the warm weather days, it's also really nice to sit outside on their patio.