“Very Comfortable Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
New York City, New York
“Very Comfortable Hotel”
Reviewed August 11, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nites. Very clean, nice amenities in room, nice buffet breakfast, very pleasant staff, nice pool and outdoor area, very conveniently located. All in all, a very good choice.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
San Francisco
Reviewed July 10, 2007

We live in San Francisco, one of the coldest places to spend a summer. To escape the weather, we ventured 50 miles south, to Hotel Los Gatos. Besides the weather and accessibility to San Francisco (and Monterey Coast), my wife and I were more than pleased with the excellent service from the Hotel Los Gatos Staff. They were simply over-the-top. The hotel building and rooms are nothing short of the highest standard and you are close enough to the restaurants in downtown Los Gatos to walk. Highly recommended.

Lou

• Liked — Staff was very accomodating
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luigi24SF
SAN JOSE, CA
Reviewed July 1, 2007

Hotel Los Gatos is a beautiful hotel, well worth the couple of duckets it cost us to stay there and be pampered less than five miles away from our house (it was our anniversary and we wanted a night of privacy!)

The spa is incredible, the restaurant and bar were first rate, and the staff was GENUINELY friendly and attentive. It is within walking distance to downtown Los Gatos with it's great shops and restaurants.

The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable and luxurious. We would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in the San Jose area.

• Liked — Ambience, comfort
  • Disliked — It was all good
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katcho
Reviewed June 25, 2007

We stayed one night at the Hotel Los Gatos after spending the day at Great America. The suite was large enough so our kids had their own space and we had ours. The entire hotel was calm and quiet (even though I realized later that there was a private party going on -- saw it, didn't hear it). We had a nice little balcony off our room where we could sit and read and get some fresh air. The pool was the best, according to our kids (we enjoyed the hot tub). I had questions about the best place to go for dinner (with kids) and when I called downstairs, I was quickly connected with the gentleman who had checked us in. Not sure if that was a coincidence or if he was assigned to answer our questions -- either way, his recommendation was perfect.

• Liked — the atmosphere
  • Disliked — that you can see through the fireplace into the bedroom
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
dc area
Reviewed June 19, 2007

Was a little disappointed in my recent stay at Hotel Los Gatos.

I first stayed in 2/06 on business, and was delighted with the whole experience. The location is great - as a runner, I appreciate being able to run on the trail that is less than a half mile from the hotel, as well as in the delightful town of Los Gatos. There are numerous coffee shops and a 7-Eleven within a 5 minute walk for morning coffee after the run, too.

I think the decor of the hotel and rooms is really lovely and tasteful. The beds are extremely comfortable and the room amenities are very nice.

I realize now that I had an extra nice room on my first visit, but did not realize that I needed to ask for it again, assuming all rooms were nice. That room, facing the pool & patio with a small balconey, was spacious and light, and the bathtub /bathroom was separated from the bedroom by a louvered window. It must be an upgrade from the other king rooms I experienced this trip.

My first room this time was on the patio side in a corner. The guests from the room beside mine (perpendicular on the corner - their patio door almost looked into mine) came out and sat in the outdoor seats which were, literally, 1 ft from where I was working at the desk, with the door open for fresh air. (They were so close to me I could literally smell the coffee they were drinking!) Way too close for comfort and business phone calls.

I was promptly & efficiently moved , but to a less pleasant room on the back of the hotel- and across from the public ladies bathroom on the 2nd floor. The room faced a parking lot or road - no view,very dark. I probably would not have been impressed enough to stay at the hotel again had Room 230 been my first experience. I didn't bother trying to change a 3rd time.

When I ordered room service, I asked for a bucket of ice to chill wine as there are no buckets and no ice machines available. When the soup arrived from room service, there was no ice, & the room service guy informed me that the restaurant is "not allowed" to deliver ice. Again, by then, I was not interested enough to start the process over again. I must add, that was the tiniest portion of soup for $16,including tip, I've ever had..... (To be fair, those few bites were quite delicious...)

The front desk did not tell me about the complimentary breakfast - didn't know it was there till I was checking out 2nd morning. Last time I stayed was before the new restaurant, and there was no complimentary breakfast available.

Hope the comments help. I really do like the hotel, and realize I have to be much more specific about my room location in advance in the future.

6 Thank laurcas
CA
Reviewed June 11, 2007

This is a beautiful hotel with excellent rooms and fantastic service. We really enjoyed our stay and the hotel restaurant was outstanding.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 9, 2007

This is a very nice and charming hotel in Los Gatos. Service was very warm and personal. My room was a little on the small side - the furniture sure crowded it out, but it was clean, crisp. The hotel is a short walk away from the center of town with lots of restuarants and every luxury car dealership you can imagine as well! overall, very nice, quiet.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Gatos
#3 of 75 in San Jose
Bristol Hotel
Bristol Hotel
#4 of 9 in Campbell

Been to Hotel Los Gatos - A Greystone Hotel? Share your experiences!