“Romantic and Charming- Loved it!!!!”

Hotel Los Gatos - A Greystone Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
USA
“Romantic and Charming- Loved it!!!!”
Reviewed February 26, 2007

Firstly, we stayed here for a week in January 2007, on business.
I found this hotel on Expedia for a discount rate of $151 a night for a studio room. Typically the room is $225 and up. I was expecting a pleasant decent stay but the hotel far exceeded all my expectations. This is definitely one of my favorite hotels in California, and I am in love with it!
Upon pulling up, we used the valet which was complimentary. As soon as we walked in, I fell in love with the lobby area with the rich fabric sofas and chairs. After registration I walked around the property on my way our room, and noticed that the hotel has this irresistible Mediterranean charm, it has a very warm feeling.

I love that the hotel is two stories it gives it a very intimate feeling, and feels more like a villa than a hotel. The pool and hot tub were small, but very spa like and soothing. The property is very clean and well laid out.

The rooms are small, but intimate and peaceful, the colors are vibrant and Mediterranean looking.

The balcony offers a pleasant view of the hotel and surrounding area.

The spa was lovely I had an hour long pedicure ($56) which was worth it.

The rooms are stocked with Aveda shampoo, lotion and body wash, I love Aveda so I was really pleased with this.

I also feel in love with the room service from the upscale Greek restaurant ( Dio Deka) on the property which FANTASTIC, and some of the best Greek food I have ever tasted. I suggest the Kotopoula chicken was was so tender and marinated so well. Another night I had the delightful Maine Lobster...

Cons:
-Some of the staff don't seem to know what they are doing, and lacking in knowledge about surrounding area.

-The rooms are a little small.

- The breakfast is really quite plain & boring.

Regardless I will be back, this is one of the most unique and charming hotels I have ever visited.

This trip was just a little slice of heaven.

Stayed February 2007
6 Thank hotel2006av

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
California
Reviewed February 21, 2007

My wife and I stayed overnight for a belated Valentine's Day celebration. The Mediterranean architecture is gorgeous and the setting quite suburban/rustic for Silicon Valley. We were given a large, beautifully decorated suite for a very reasonable price. The hotel is right in the downtown area next to unique shops, restaurants and hiking trails. There's even a Bentley / Aston Martin dealership for those who wish to dream. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant, but it looked nice. It was a great get away. (I know from previous experience they have good facilities for business off-site meetings as well.)

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank sklepper
NC
Reviewed February 7, 2007

The hotel wants to charge the prices of an high quality hotel but fails to deliver on the service. We arrived late and there was no porter on duty, and the front desk personnel just looked on while we struggled with our luggage. In fact, we noticed during our stay that the front desk ignored all who came and went and not even an "hello" was uttered. There was never a porter on duty. The hotel has beautiful decor and Los Gatos is quaint, but the staff acts as this is enough to sell the hotel. However the room are very small and cramped, don't let the view on the web site fool you! When we ordered room service they brought the wrong item (after waiting a long time) and did not apologize and took forever to bring the right one. The restaurant adjacent to the hotel has good food but also has the attitude that you are lucky they will serve you, and once again slow service.

The attitude of the front desk is the worst and it is obvious that the staff members of this hotel have not been trained on how to provide the service of a top quality hotel.

I would not recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Decor
  • Disliked — Attitude of staff
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DebbieG-7
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 28, 2007

We are from San Francisco and had an event in the South Bay so decided to stay somewhere to avoid a late-night drive home. I had heard good things about Joie Vivre properties, and was not disappointed!

The staff at check-in were friendly and welcoming. The lobby is very beautiful and the level and style of decor is maintained in the room itself. (We had room #141, king bed, for a rate of $209 on a Saturday night). The room has a well-stocked honor bar and also an honor "beauty bar" with cosmetics. Also there are the standard free shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer (Aveda) and complimentary Fiji water in the room. The continental breakfast (granola, yogurt, pastries, coffee, juice) is included in the room fee; for an extra $5 you can have it delivered to your room.

If I have any complaints, they are really just small nits. First, the bed was a little soft, but it was certainly OK. The second is that I think they should have a little better rate for the weekend. My guess is that this hotel is mostly for business travelers during the week, but if they shaved $50 off a night and packaged a weekend, I think they could get more leisure travelers that would enjoy knocking around Los Gatos (charming but very twee) and visiting the very fine restaurants in the area.

• Liked — Excellent staff and nice, clean decor
  • Disliked — Price could be a teensy bit lower
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
Brentwood, California
Reviewed January 3, 2007

Darling little hotel with a very mellow vibe. It used to be the ONLY place to stay in Los Gatos. Now, there is Villa Generosa up in the hills on the grounds of a winery for those who want something more private and woodsy.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
The Inn at Saratoga
The Inn at Saratoga
#1 of 2 in Saratoga
Hotel Valencia - Santana Row

Been to Hotel Los Gatos - A Greystone Hotel? Share your experiences!