“Love this Property!”

Hotel Los Gatos - A Greystone Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed recently with my husband and 2 year old and found it to be a lovely, convenient, luxurious, friendly hotel. We had a 2 room suite with a balcony in the back building and I loved the Mission architecture and furnishings. The pool was super fun for my little one and I while my husband worked. The room service menu lacked any sort of children's menu so they suggested a local pizza delivery company that also had pasta and salads which worked much better for us. The service was good, people friendly, room lovely. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. One gripe: charging for the continental type breakfast piecemeal seemed petty. Charge one price or don't charge at all.

Room Tip: We chose a quiet room in the back - perfect!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NVRam123
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear NVRam123:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Los Gatos & Spa. Your feedback provides the motivation for our staff to continue to improve. We hope to see you again in the very near future.
Sincerely, Linda

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Only positive things to say. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They brought me towels and water. Short walk to the shopping area of Los Gatos. Easy commute over the Hill to Santa Cruz. Restaurant on-site is worth eating at.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank pulminator
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Pulminator:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay @Hotel Los Gatos & Spa. On behalf of the entire staff we are delighted you enjoyed your visit and that the staff took good care of you. Please visit again in the near future.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here whilst on business in San Jose for two weeks, I spent the first week in a San Jose hotel after which I moved to Los Gatos. What a great change, a bit of a drive in the morning going to San Jose (30 minutes, still halve of my regular commute) but the peace and quiet of the town helps a lot and its close to some great hiking areas for the weekend.
I was not aware of the Michelin starred restaurant on site until I ordered room service after a busy day, wow, never had such quality for in room dining. First time I had Greek food at this level.

The rooms are a bit small, but the style is nice, old fashioned classic luxury design.

The pool is quite small so not much use for some exercise, might be nice for a refresher on a hot day.

This is likely to be my regular location for visiting our office in San Jose

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear HvD75:

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to share your feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Los Gatos & Spa. We are delighted you found your home away from home. We look forward to your return visit. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We travel with our 9 month old adopted yellow lab and if you have ever traveled with your pet you know that walking into the lobby can be somewhat daunting in terms of other travelers and staff. The minute we entered, the staff came over and couldn't get enough love from Journey. Abel, introduced us to the villa. I say villa because I have traveled extensively in Italy and I felt the unique charm immediately. Our room was on the second level within close proximity to a glorious fountain which Journey lapped up and loved on many occasions. Situated on the floor near the patio doors was a king sized dog bed, two bowls, and an assortment of treats. Our bed was so comfortable, including the fine linens and beautiful saffron colored duvet. The bathroom was equal to the best hotels in Europe. My favorite toiletries, Molton Brown were within reach.
And the best part of being in such close quarters with Journey was watching him enjoy his birds eye view of the pool and enormous jacuzzi which I relished many times during our stay. The selection of coffee's and the machine which magically provided our morning cup of Joe was ideal. The town of Los Gatos was voted as one of America's most pet friendly cities and indeed it was. We walked everywhere and discovered that this is truly dog heaven. From the lawn in front of City Hall to the city trails that traverse a beautiful running stream. Breakfast at Southern Kitchen is not to be missed and dinner.... well, this hotel can boast that it's neighbor, Deo Deka is the only Greek restaurant to receive a #1 Michelin Guide star rating. It was sensational.
Journey fell in love with at least 5 other dogs during his visit. And we heeded advice from another lab owner who said, "be careful not to give him too many treats or he will become a Flabador." I took his word and headed back to the hotel only to discover more of those wonderful doggie treats waiting for us. Travels with Journey couldn't have been better. The best part of our stay at Los Gatos Hotel and Spa was not only the friendly service but the warm welcome to come back sometime soon. You petcha! We sure will!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank silverloxie
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My colleagues and I have stayed here several times this year. If you like well designed, appealing, clean bathrooms, this is a great hotel choice. However, both the standard rooms and suites themselves are a bit dark, and the CFL lighting doesn't help. Fortunately, all the rooms have nice big windows and I've found that I need to open all the curtains to be comfortable with the level of light. Strange quirk: the smaller rooms have a curtain over the closet instead of closet doors. Also, I've found that Wifi signal strength can be spotty in some rooms but I haven't figured out a pattern yet. Keep in mind also that this is a city hotel; there are no views or landscaped grounds to speak of. But you are really getting the convenient location and walking access to downtown LG. Restaurant is excellent, too.

Also I never had trouble with parking. It does fill up in the evenings because of the restaurant, but just use the free valet service, they can do some creative things to hold your car until the dinner crowd has left and then secure you a spot.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Wrkn4Alivn:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay @Hotel Los Gatos & Spa. We certainly value our guest feedback - best training tools. We hope to see you again in the near future. Enjoy your day.

All the best,

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here in 2010, 2011 and again in 2012.

This facility has an enormous amount of architectural appeal and the rooms are very nice, although small. I moved some furniture around so I could open the TV credenza doors completely and it worked out fine.

The bathrooms are clean and well furnished.

The towels and bedding are of the quality you would expect at a high-end hotel.

The biggest problem with this facility is parking. Clearly this location is in the center of a beautiful town in Silicon Valley located many miles from the airport so a traveler does not arrive here via taxi or bus. This is also not a destination resort type of facility where you would stay on site. That means the facility needs ample parking and it needs to be convenient and accessible for lodgers. The problem comes in with the on-site restaurant Dio Deka. The moment it is open the parking lot and associated garage is full. I have stayed here on three occasions and every time I have had parking problems. Dio Deka also has truck deliveries in the morning that affect the lodgers experience and as I recall more than once I have endured the whiff of the restaurant dumpster.

If you're traveling to Los Gatos this is a really nice hotel. They are landlocked and have no room to grow, so short of making employees park off-site I don't know how the hotel can fix this deficiency but I wish they would.

I have very mixed feelings about this place. On one hand I really love the place because of it's architecture and style which explains why I have tried this place 3 times. On the other hand the parking problem has me so irritated that on my next trip to Los Gatos I'll probably stay some place else.

If they could fix the problems I outlined herein I would rate this place with 4 or five stars.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share your feedback on your recent stay. We value our guest feedback. We understand your concerns when hotel & restaurant our busy. We do offer complimentary valet service daily. Enjoy your day and we hope to see you again in the near future.
All the best,

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I really try to like the hotel. The staff does not have the authority to rectify any problems. We had a nice room, except for the sewer gas smell coming up through the bathroom sink. The refrigerator noise kept me up along with the noisy people upstairs. It is in a great location. But I do think they think they are better than they really are. We ill not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Hello:

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share your feedback. Our guest feedback is so valuable and know we reacted. We took care of the issues you reported and we cannot thank you enough for doing so. Enjoy your day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Gatos
#1 of 2 in Saratoga
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
Saratoga Oaks Lodge
#2 of 2 in Saratoga

Been to Hotel Los Gatos - A Greystone Hotel? Share your experiences!