WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Los Gatos
Tampa, Florida
“Mixed Feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here in 2010, 2011 and again in 2012.

This facility has an enormous amount of architectural appeal and the rooms are very nice, although small. I moved some furniture around so I could open the TV credenza doors completely and it worked out fine.

The bathrooms are clean and well furnished.

The towels and bedding are of the quality you would expect at a high-end hotel.

The biggest problem with this facility is parking. Clearly this location is in the center of a beautiful town in Silicon Valley located many miles from the airport so a traveler does not arrive here via taxi or bus. This is also not a destination resort type of facility where you would stay on site. That means the facility needs ample parking and it needs to be convenient and accessible for lodgers. The problem comes in with the on-site restaurant Dio Deka. The moment it is open the parking lot and associated garage is full. I have stayed here on three occasions and every time I have had parking problems. Dio Deka also has truck deliveries in the morning that affect the lodgers experience and as I recall more than once I have endured the whiff of the restaurant dumpster.

If you're traveling to Los Gatos this is a really nice hotel. They are landlocked and have no room to grow, so short of making employees park off-site I don't know how the hotel can fix this deficiency but I wish they would.

I have very mixed feelings about this place. On one hand I really love the place because of it's architecture and style which explains why I have tried this place 3 times. On the other hand the parking problem has me so irritated that on my next trip to Los Gatos I'll probably stay some place else.

If they could fix the problems I outlined herein I would rate this place with 4 or five stars.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share your feedback on your recent stay. We value our guest feedback. We understand your concerns when hotel & restaurant our busy. We do offer complimentary valet service daily. Enjoy your day and we hope to see you again in the near future.
All the best,
Linda, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Garden Valley, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I really try to like the hotel. The staff does not have the authority to rectify any problems. We had a nice room, except for the sewer gas smell coming up through the bathroom sink. The refrigerator noise kept me up along with the noisy people upstairs. It is in a great location. But I do think they think they are better than they really are. We ill not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Hello:

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share your feedback. Our guest feedback is so valuable and know we reacted. We took care of the issues you reported and we cannot thank you enough for doing so. Enjoy your day.
San Jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

It was our anniversary and we were going to see Huey Lewis at the Mountain Winery. We invited our good friends from LA. You can walk downtown to all the shops and restaurants. The suites are wonderful! The service is impecable and friendly. The bar is great and I've heard the restaurant is too but we ate at the Winery. I love this place!

Room Tip: I prefer the back building in a suite looking toward the mountains. OR looking out to the pool - wh...
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We spent 6 nights here in early August as my husband had business commitments nearby. The location is great as it's on main street so you're able to walk to restaurants, cafes and stores. I have to admit that at first glance, the hotel did not feel or look like a hotel that we would normally have chosen - it was small, the lobby was dark for starters. But after seeing our room (a 1 bedroom suite) and walking around the hotel, we changed our minds and the hotel grew on us with each passing day. Our room was charming, with a separate living area (fireplace included). The bathroom was spacious. One minor quibble would be that there was little wardrobe space. Breakfast was probably the least appealing aspect of the hotel. It's served in the bar area of its michelin-starred Greek restaurant and there is usually only 1 waiter on hand who doesn't tend to clean the tables after each guest. The choice is quite limited but adequate - bagels, fruit, bread, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes. The pool area is quite small but it was always quiet whenever we were there. After leaving Los Gatos, we spent some time in several 5-starred hotels in California but our 7 year old daughter pined for this hotel constantly!

1 Thank miya'smum
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Miya's Mum:

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day and travels to share your feedback on your recent visit to the lovely town of Los Gatos & Hotel Los Gatos. We certainly appreciate your comments and suggestions. We hope your next trip includes a stay at Hotel Los Gatos & Spa. All the best to you & your family.
Linda, General Manager
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Don't get me wrong, this hotel is very nice. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean but when I looked at the website I thought the amenities would be a bit nicer. Our room was nice, with comfortable furniture and bed with our balcony overlooking the courtyard where the pool was housed. The bathroom was nice except for the shower head that sprayed out in a way that my face was constantly in the line of fire. We stayed here for one night (a Friday night) and it was incredibly noisy. Also the pool was too small to do laps in and was constantly overcrowded. I do not feel that I benefited from the "spa" (pool and hot tub) much at all.

Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were in town to see a concert at The Winery in Saratoga. The venue lists this property as a lodging option. After a bit of research, it was obvious that this is where we needed to stay, and booked through the 'iprefer' website, giving us a few added perks.

The property gives off a very sopisticated vibe. Every staff member we came in contact with was polite and helpful. Our pool courtyard room was comfortable and the pool area, while small, was perfect for lounging during our short stay.

There are several outdoor areas to relax in and we were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast outdoors in the courtyard off the lobby.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. They appear to have thought everything out for you ahead of time. An umbrella in the closet next to the robes, chilled bottled water at the pool, even a little note saying they respect your 'do not disturb' sign and apologize for missing your turn down service.

Room Tip: The lower level courtyard rooms have french doors that open up directly to the pool area.
3 Thank beeclean
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Bee Clean:

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share your feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Los Gatos & Spa. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and we hope we see you again in the near future. The Mountain Winery is a very special venue & in our backyard. Enjoy the rest of your Summer.
All the best,
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I just loved this place! So cute with lovely outdoor space. The rooms were impeccable and the service amazing. This is definitely the kind of place where they turn down the bed for you and leave chocolates.
The staff couldn't have been more helpful. We were on our way to a wedding and my husband forgot his cufflinks. The employee at the desk lent his cufflinks to us!
This is a great location within easy walking distance to lots of dining, shops, and walking trails by the creek. What a treat!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,087 reviews
Bristol Hotel
Bristol Hotel
#2 of 9 in Campbell

Been to Hotel Los Gatos? Share your experiences!