All reviewsdio dekasilicon valleysan josebeautiful hotelpool areacontinental breakfastunderground parkingking suiteroom servicemountain winerybusiness triphome away from homefitness centeryogurtfireplaceweddingmanresa
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Hotel Los Gatos and Spa is more than just a boutique destination. It’s an unadulterated sensory treat as far as luxury goes. It’s location, at the base of the Santa Cruz Mountains, makes it the #1 sophisticated, upscale, peaceful respite from the world.

As you wander around the property you’ll find beautiful pillow laden nooks of every shape and size, all under the façade of stunning California Mediterranean architecture. There you can sit quietly and read, or join friends for a drink and some fantastic food from their fabulous #1 ranked Dio Deka restaurant, which I might add also has an amazing choice of premium wines.

The pool area with its beautiful fountain, luxurious seating and inviting warm water allows you to unplug, unwind and relax beneath the warm California sunshine. If you're looking for a little extra R&R you must check out their spa. They offer just about every treatment there is!

The rooms with their soothing colors and comfy furniture wrap you in their gentle fold making you feel completely at home. The fireplace makes each deluxe quarters a sensual, chill out, feel at home destination. Even the bedding will wrap you up in a softness that only a boutique hotel of this caliber can offer you.

If you’re into wandering about, hiking, shopping or dining, you’re only moments away from one of the most eclectic, beautiful small towns I’ve ever seen, where there is truly something for everyone.

For those of you visiting this area, this is a must see, must stay, must enjoy piece of heaven.

Paul & Jacqui Brown

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqui B
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed here this weekend (5/18&19, 2012) and was extremely disappointed with this hotel. I was with a wedding party that probably had 1/2 of the hotel and had booked those rooms last August. I was the first person to book here after receiving the announcement. When I arrived earlier than most, as my drive was shorter than others by at least 6 hours, I asked for quiet. I was put in Room #206, which is above the bar and on the driveway that bisects the hotel and across from the pool. While the pool noise was manageable, the noise from the bar until well after midnight was beyond anything that should be allowed in even a 2 star hotel, let alone this place. I could have gotten two better night's sleep at the Motel 6, and when I called the desk on night #2, it did not change anything, and that night, Saturday, it went until almost 1:30 AM. The room itself is pleasantly appointed and nice, but the breakfast should also be avoided as it is just cold eggs and hard potatoes, served in the bar.

I live in Sacramento and work in tech so I am in and out of the Bay endlessly for business and pleasure and have stayed in a lot of hotels, so I know them all from Marin to Santa Cruz and along the East Bay. So, unless you must stay in Los Gatos, I would get something in San Jose or even over Highway 17, and avoid this place at all costs unless you you want a noisy, sleepless night.

When I checked out I was prepared to tell them about my experience but the desk person didn't even bother to ask me how my stay was. How professional is that? Maybe if you are over here midweek on business, or completely off season, or you can be guaranteed a room far from the lobby, bar and restaurant I would consider other options at all cost, and certainly for the money this place charges you can do better since quiet is the main commodity of a decent hotel, including this place where it is in very short supply!

I understand it has changed hands a few times, well maybe the new owners should consider whether they want to wring every last dollar from the space or offer a real 4-5 star experience. If so, remove the outside bar for starters and consider this review a warning about the pitfalls of lax interest in your guest's well being!

Room Tip: Since there is road between buildings, a pool in the middles, a bar, restaurant and lobby to create a noisy environment it would seem only the Aston Martin Suite for $900 a night would guarantee a good night's sleep!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank BearsLair72
hotelLG, General Manager at Hotel Los Gatos - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear BearsLair72:
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to share your feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Los Gatos & Spa. On behalf of the entire staff we certainly appreciate your feedback. I would like to request that you contact me directly to discuss your stay. We would be delighted to have you return in order to have a positive experience. Enjoy your day.
Linda, GM

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Small boutique hotel with variety of rooms, but even the small room I stayed in was clean and comfortable with more than a touch of luxury. Hotel is about 15 minutes in no traffic from San Jose airport, about a $50 taxi ride, although the hotel has parking. Workout access is at a nice facility one block away (with outdoor pool, racquet ball courts and all the other amenities). Walking/running trails nearby. Walk to downtown Los Gatos is about 800 yards.
The hotel has a very nice Greek restaurant that someone told me has one Michelin star. Breakfast was only $10 and consisted of a small buffet, but when you can eat outside in the morning, everything seems wonderful. This was a business trip and the hotel was one of the better hotels I have stayed in on business this last year.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool was quiet enough for a good night. Hard to imagine any room would be noisy in the quiet town of Los Gatos.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TAN31_11

Dear Tan31_11:
Thank you so much for taking time our of your busy day to share your feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Los Gatos & Spa. On behalf of the entire staff we certainly appreciate our guest feedback to continue to improve our services & product. We hope to see you again in the very near future.
Enjoy our Summer!

Linda, GM

Reviewed May 11, 2012

One of my favorite hotels in one of my favorite towns anywhere in the US. I always stay here when I am visiting the Bay Area even though many of my clients are an hour away in the East Bay and SF. The rooms are comfortable, beautifully decorated in California charm and the staff is always friendly and they go out of their way to make your visit special. I always look forward to my business trip to Los Gatos as the hotel feels like a home away from home!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hpd3
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed in the Grand King Suite and the room was very spacious and nicely decorated. Everyone was very helpful expect for the loud ruckus. It was 4pm on Saturday and we were enjoying ourselves outside near the pool. Instead of enjoying the beautiful sun and peace and quiet, all we could hear was employees on their cell phone, yelling and talking very loudly. We could hear everything that was said and it's not an exaggeration. We paid good money to have a mini vacation and it was spoiled by the loud, unpleasant conversations. I understand the employees need to take their breaks but does it need to be in an open area facing all the rooms? The sound echos through the building area. Please look into this so that no one else experiences what we did. I complained when we checked out but I'm not sure if it was noted.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple