“Best home made apple pie I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Diner

The Diner
Ranked #28 of 162 Restaurants in Los Gatos
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“Best home made apple pie I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stumbled upon this place whilst filling up for petrol, my husband had gone inside the petrol station to ask directions. We noticed this authentic looking American diner next door and decided to treat the kids to a milk shake. Being from Australia we thought it was just like stepping back into the diner from 'Happy Days'. The staff were great, very attentive and really looked after us and the place was spotless. My boys had the chocolate milk shakes and they said they were the best they've ever had! I ordered the apple pie and ice cream and it was just delicious..by far the best I have eaten. I thought the prices were very reasonable and serving sizes were very generous. All in all a great little find.

• Visited June 2012

Bay Area, CA
“Good "Greasy Spoon"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I go to this diner once every few months for Sunday breakfast. We enjoy the atmosphere and the food is above average for this kind of restaurant. The servers are fast and friendly. This is reliably good. We usually split the very generously sized omelet and hash browns or home fries. My only complaint is that the coffee is still the authentic dull diner coffee. This is not really a problem as we always go afterward to the local coffee shop which provides a better brew and a chance to leisurely wander the streets of Los Gatos.

• Visited July 2012
Santa Barbara USA
“Dependable, and plenty of it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

The 5 given is within it's category, which is diner type places. It is not a 5 for haute cuisine, etc. This is for great comfort food, in good quantity with great service. I love this place and come here whenever I am in Los Gatos. ESPECIALLY for breakfast.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank MikeCSantaBarbaraUSA
Virginia Water, United Kingdom
“Classic America”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

I've been visiting Los Gatos from the UK for 20 years, and I never miss an opportunity to have breakfast at The Diner. Pure 50's with formica top tables in booths with little juke boxes on the wall. An open kitchen serves huge tasty plates of food. The staff has always been fun, chatty and provide quick efficient service. Prices for food are excellent - although the orange juice is horrid and $3.99....stick to coffee'tea/water.

• Visited October 2011