“Over the Top”
Review of Nick's on Main - CLOSED

Nick's on Main
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Los Gatos, California
“Over the Top”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

When Nick opened on Main in a small cozy but smart and upscale place we went and had a very good meal, experienced good wait staff and a fine selection of both California and imported wine selections. He soon outgrew this location. So there were times we could not be accommodated without advance reservations. Even at lunch there could be a wait outside but it was always worth it. Now Nick has moved just off Main in what was a former restaurant and has both indoor and when clement outdoor seating. The place is larger but maintains the warmth and feeling of a upscale French bistro and is just a half block away from the former location.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank floydyale

Aptos CA
“Christmas Eve lunch”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We met friends for our traditional lunch on Christmas Eve. Couldn't have asked for a better time. Food was spectacular, service was the best anywhere (Thanks, Joe) and the atmosphere comfortable. Can't wait to go back.....

• Visited December 2013
Fremont, California
“Nicks has Moved and is Now "Nick's Next Door"”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Nicks on Main has moved and is now called Nick's Next Door, located at 11 College Avenue - across the street and up 1/2 block. This is a fantastic restaurant that serves large portions for very reasonable prices. I could not believe that the wonderful bowl of Wild Mushroom soup with a float of Truffle Oil that started my dinner was only $6. I ordered the rib eye steak as my main, and it was literally the largest steak that I have been served in a restaurant. I took 2/3rds home. The vegetables that accompany the dishes are perfection. My husband, who is a meat guy, said that he have never had better tasting brocolini and wanted more. Half of his steak came home as well. I would eat here more if I could get reservations. This is a hot ticket place, and you need to reserve in advance for the popular weekend nights. Plan ahead with reservations and prepare to have a great meal!

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Ono O
San Jose, California
“Superb service”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We showed up without a reservation for lunch. Joey made sure we were seated appropriately (my sister is disabled and couldn't sit on the high bar stools). The food was wonderful. My sister and I both had the salmon; highly recommend it. The service was stellar.

Los Gatos, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hard to get a table but worth the wait.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I made reservations a month in advance to make sure we could get a table for our celebration. It was worth it. The menu had creative items that were well-described by the waiter. The service was good and not hurried. As we were leaving Nick was waiting by the door to make sure our experience had been a good one.

• Visited August 2013