“Great spot for lunch, terrific people and wonderful salad”
Review of Nick's on Main - CLOSED

Nick's on Main
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The crab salad was terrific and the service exceptional. Most importany, Nick is a terrific host. This is a place everyone should go...often. I had lunch with an old friend and we both thought it was great. I'm going back and next time we'll both take our wives. Don't miss this place.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Clearly this is one of the top 5 restaurants in Silicon Valley and a must try for any traveler to the Valley. The owner is hands on and never falters to the best of my knowledge. His grandmother taught him how to cook and she trained him very well including his table side manor; yes, he visits every table and talks with his patrons. I can't say any more than -- this is the place you have been searching for to have a great meal and dining experience. I/we really like the mussels; Nick’s perfection.

Oh yes; he has moved just down the street and changed the name to Nick's Next Door; clever don't you think?

Be sure to click on his website for the correct address.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We live in the Central Valley and are pretty well "culinarily" deprived! We came to San Jose to take some friends to dinner (AND get a "food fix") and I decided to look up restaurants on Tripadvisor. Found Nick's!!! Wonderful experience from beginning to end! (Love you Tripadvisor people!) I had a starter of Duck Confit with drunken cherries on a bed of polenta..excellent!
For an entree I had Lamb Chop Lollipops with basil gnocchi and petit haricots verte. We shared a side of Brussel Sprouts that came grilled with Porkbelly....OMG! Best I've ever had!! Everyone at the table had something different and all loved theirs...but voted mine the best! Nick is buzzing around the dining areas and talking to customers as well as working. He just had his first child 3 months ago (a daughter) and is doing something unique for her. The bill comes stuck in a book about food and dinner patrons are invited to write something about their dining experience on it's pages. Nick plans to give it to his daughter someday. If your ever going to be anywhere near Los Gatos make sure you eat there (be forewarned....make reservations 2-3 weeks in advance....they were turning away people at the door).

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We've heard rave reviews about Nick's so of course we had to try it. Wow, that's all I can say. EXCELLENT service, the food was serioudly to die for, especially the mushroom soup. I had probably the best Chilean Sea Bass I've ever had in my life....just melted in my mouth. The portions were surprisingly big - I didn't expect that for a small "boutique" restaurant. I'm in a position of recommending restaurants in the bay area to many international travelers, I will certainly put Nick's on the top of my list. Only one drawback and it was minor, it was extremely loud. Tables are pretty close together and folks were very lively so the sound echoed throughout the restaurant. I don't think I would recommend Nick's as a place to conduct a business meeting. Do try it, you will keep coming back.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great for lunch or dinner in a great town. Nick the owner/chef is a great personality. You will not be disappointed.