“Don't stay in this poorly run dump!”
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Los Banos
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Too start my room #26 a non smoking room had burn holes in the comforter, sheets and blankets. Their response was they are a small inn and can't afford new linnens. I asked about my room being smoky and smelling the owner said it traveled from the other rooms and it smelled like smoke because I did not want my room cleaned every day. During all this arguing the owner became confortational and got in my face and said you better watch what you say to me and then pushed me into a concrete pillar giving me two cuts on my head. That's when the fight between the owner and I occured. This is a bad place to stay! You do not blame the coustomer for your poorly kept rooms!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank nickbarnes

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were driving up the 5, desperately in need of a place to rest and putted into Los Banos exhausted and not expecting much other than a bed. We only stayed a night, and I don't think there was wifi. But for what we needed (sleep), it was perfect. The property is well lit and had some pretty touches, like plant life and pretty wooden doors. The room seems old, but the decorations and appliances were new and well thought out. Everything was clean. The bed was very comfortable, and other than traffic sounds, it was quiet. I would recommend this place for a night if you are a weary traveler like us. It is certainly nicer than most roadside motels we have stayed.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I needed a place to stay for the night with my family during our move across the country. I requested a non smoking room. Upon walking into the room I began to feel nauseous from the strong cigarette smell. While my husband went into the office to speak to the staff about this issue, I became sick while my kids attempted to get into the beds. My husband returned with keys to another room. The other room was okay for the evening and did not have a strong smoke smell. When my husband returned the room keys the woman behind the glass expressed her disappointment that the beds were not made in the original room that we were given. Not only was I originally given a smelly room, the sheets in the new room were not fitted and wrinkled, one of the towels had a round yellow stain on it, and the carpet was moist. While leaving the parking lot I witnessed one of the "housekeepers" walk into one of the rooms to clean it with a cigarette in his mouth. I will never stay here again, and I wouldn't recommend it to any one else.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelbee A
Reviewed January 25, 2013

10 minutes from I-5. clean and updated. the walk in shower was beautifully updated and large..no tub. convenient to restaurants. the staff was behind a bullet proof window....so that was a bit 'unfriendly'. coffee was accessible in the office.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I wouldn't stay here again ever. I had with me three rings all added up to be of value of over 3000$ and I forgot them on the night stand. It took me twenty minutes to realize they were missing and when I did I called the hotel I asked if someone could go retrieve the rings for me and that I was on my way back to pick them up. However it was explained to me that they found no such thing and I was clearly mistaken. I filed a police report for the stolen items...not to mention the hotel itself is cramped dirty and doesn't function the way a hotel should.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank achervenick
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stepped into the two-by-four lobby, up to the bulletproof glass window, only to find that our reservation for two single beds had been given to someone else, and no other room was available. Fortunately, the Vagabond Inn right down the street had a room for $30 more a night than this crummy place, and we had a wonderful stay there.

Room Tip: A tip for a good room? Go to the Vagabond Inn down the street!