“The Best Prime Rib and Alfredo”

M & M Italian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 62 Restaurants in Los Banos
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“The Best Prime Rib and Alfredo”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is an outstanding restaurant. Top notch all the way. When you order Alfredo, the chef makes it for your order specifically. It is fresh for every order and it is delicious.

If you like prime rib, Friday and Saturdays are the nights for it. You need to call early because they sell out early. But, it is the best. You will get a piece of meat that is about 1 3/4" thick and big enough to fill any normal dinner plate.

My wife always gets the eggplant parmigiana and she says it is some of the best she has ever had. If I have one complaint against them, it is that their meatballs aren't that good. Their sausage is fantastic, but the meatball was a letdown.

This is a family owned restaurant and the brothers who manage it are very friendly and nice. I'm always greeted with a smile and they treat everyone like they are family. I eat here about 8 times per year and it is always good food.

Los Banos, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“loving itailian foods”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

heard great things about restaurant & it didnt let us down from the calamari app to the rib eye with the works to the seafood linguine if you want great food & drinks go to m&m

Visited July 2012
Modesto, California, United States
“Eye-talian food”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I stopped here for lunch while we were in town based on the reviews. The portions were tiny and the food was mediocre to bad. The check, for two entrees and two drinks, was only about $25, but we left hungry.

I had chicken piccata. My first impression of the sauce was it was more gravy-ish than I expected, but the taste was ok. My main objection is that I didn't get a whole chicken breast as the menu promised. The breast was sliced in half the way you do when you want to tenderize it, but they only gave me one of the pieces.

My husband had chicken parmigiana which tasted prebreaded and frozen. A lot of restaurants use that product and prepare it well, but not here. The texture was mealy, more like chicken fried steak. The marinara sauce also tasted off. Both of us had raviolis on the side which were overcooked and covered in the same weird marinara.

I thought maybe we ordered the wrong items, but just before we left, the waitress recommended those two entrees to a neighboring table.

I have to say the service was prompt and good. The restaurant was really busy for a lunch service, so they must make some things well. But I have a feeling they'd be out of business pretty fast if they had any competition.

Hampton, Virginia
“New location - same great food!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We love to stop in Los Banos for some great Italian food and wonderful service. Now in the new location on the main highway going through town much easier to find. We enjoy talking to the " brothers". This time Ely greeted us with a big smile and great recommendations for lunch. The menu for lunch has smaller portions and smaller prices and is served until 3 PM. We had the M & M chicken and a side of spinach to die for. The bread comes from the coast and is a great sourdough. House wines were good and service wonderful.
The restaurant has rooms for large parties and a nice bar area. There is a temperatur controlled wine vault and we look forward to all the updates that are planned in the future. There is artwork on display from an artist from Dos Palos that we enjoyed very much.

Santa Barbara, California
“Wonderful Italian Food”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I were traveling north and decided to check out this restaurant for an early dinner on Valentines Day 2012. The service and food was wonderful. We loved the lasagna. The restaurant was very busy considering we stopped in around four.

• Visited February 2012