“Seats A bit crammed together.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Magic Castle
Ranked #50 of 9,846 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Los Angeles, California
“Seats A bit crammed together.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

The food was delicious, overpriced but that's expected. Order the NY strip! I thought it would be part of the experience to eat here. But you can do without.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Los Angeles
“Still Magical at the Castle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

This historical venue is a great place to explore, have a drink, a meal and be amazed. The close-up rooms feature performers in a very intimate setting, and are the most impressive. Excellent value and very entertaining.

Visited March 2012
Oceanport, New Jersey
“Best time we had in Hollywood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently stayed at the Magic Castle Hotel with my 16-year-old grandson, and we went to the Magic Castle Sunday morning brunch. It was truly a magical morning for us, as two of our favorite TV and movie stars were there at the same brunch, and we got to meet them. It's hard to separate the brunch experience from the experience of meeting those stars, but I'll try to. All of the food at the brunch was very good, but I'd have to say that there was nothing that was outstanding or different from other brunches I've been to. We went to three magic shows afterwards and really enjoyed all of them. Both my grandson and I were invited to participate on-stage, which was fun. This is a great place for family fun on Sunday, but I believe that you have to be invited by a member or be a guest at the Magic Castle Hotel in order to attend.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Santa Barbara
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We came for the magic, but really enjoyed the food. Salads and dinner were great and wait staff was excellent. I appreciated the explanation of why I couldn't take a beautiful picture through the window of the Roosevelt Hotel. (Cary Grant was watching). We weren't there for dinner so didn't relax over dessert.

The rest of Magic Castle was excellent, from the shows to the various impromptu acts to the helpful staff to the bartenders providing libations. It ain't cheap, but it is worth the price.

Visited September 2012
Oz
“A chance to see real magicians performing in their club”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The exclusivity of this place is the drawcard. If you are not a member or invited by a member or not staying at the Magic Castle Hotel next door, you simply won't get in.
$25 cover charge allows you to watch several local and sometimes international magicians from the Academy of Magical Arts perform up close and personal.
A pre-show meal is mandatory. Food and wine was excellent as well as the service.
That's all I will say and will leave the rest for you to find out, oh, and don't forget to say the magic words that will let you enter the club ;-)

Visited September 2012