“Wonderful shows (not great food)”
Review of Magic Castle

Magic Castle
Ranked #55 of 10,202 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed August 9, 2012

For drinks and a magic show, I would say Excellent!!! For dinner, I would sadly say Poor. It is a fun environment to dress up (make sure that you don't forget a tie as they are required) and enjoy something much more unique than your typical night out.

1  Thank Mark J

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Kinda corny- but the talent of the magicians make it worthwhile. Skip dinner go for drinks and the shows.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

As it is an invite only place, gaining entry can be tricky (if you will pardon my pun) for most. It is a members only and one of the few places in LA that a dress code is place -- Men usually wear a suit or at least a sport coat -- Some of the best up close magic I have ever seen in my life -- The big room is great too but the small up close rooms will knock you socks off!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We got told by everyone that the food was tragic, but it was worth going because the shows were excellent. The shows were absoluetly fabulous, we had such an enjoyable night, and the food was nowhere near the tragedy that we had been led to believe it was. I thoroughly enjoyed my vegetarian courses and my boyfriend enjoyed his meat courses too. As long as you don't go expecting to be served up the world's most fabulous dish you will enjoy your evening and that includes the food too!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

You need to know someone to get in most of the time. You have dinner and then enjoy an evening full of private and group magic. This is an adult themed venue--mostly G rated, but, designed for an uninterrupted evening for the adults.