“Beautiful Setting, Fabulous Food and a Terrific Staff”

The Bazaar by Jose Andres
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bazaar by Jose Andres is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 10,466 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: San Vicente Blvd.
Description: Deemed "Four Stars" from the Los Angeles Time, finalist for the James Beard Awards' "Best New Restaurant," named Esquire Magazine's "Restaurant of the Year" and Zagat's "Top Newcomer," The Bazaar by José Andrés is a vibrant mix of sophisticated cuisine and playful lounge spaces where dining transcends into fete extraordinaire. Experience a collection of magical dining experiences, entwined in a modern-day, European-inspired "indoor piazza" -- savor pioneering culinary creations, delicacies from roving carts and delicious libations by James Beard Award-Winning Chef José Andrés. The Bazaar also boasts a Wine Spectator 'Award of Excellence' winning wine list featuring extensive selections from Spain and California as well as all the classic wine regions of the old world and new. Visit our website to learn more about our ongoing programming, including Cigar Night on Blanca Terrace (every 3rd Wednesday of the month) and decadent wine pairing dinners.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

If you have a lot of $ and you need a fantastic dinner, this is the PLACE! I've had catering companies on both coasts. I've designed parties on Park Ave and Beverly Hills. I could never reproduce the food from here. Highly original, beautifully displayed and soooo delicious. Try it, you'll be very happy.!! The staff is so terrific, your every want is taken care of. On Mondays, they have a price fix menu,that is a bargain

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I learned about Bazaar from friends who are foodies. we tried a dinner at another establishment and it was lackluster at best so we ended up your for another dinner.

Everything was beyond delicious and like magic. For example, the starter, Philly cheesesteak had a hollow piece of bread with mozzarella that was liquefied inside the meat melts in your mouth.

The rabbit, egg 63, and mushroom rice was beyond amazing and delicious. finally figures are, the coconut Island was yummy and you crack it with your spoon as it is infused with liquid nitrogen.

If felt like I was eating food prepared by Walter White from Breaking Bad turned gourmet chef! Highly recommended!

2  Thank traveler4k
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We went to this restaurant with no expectation and were pleasantly surprised. The food was unique and creative, nothing like we experienced before and we have been to a lot of nice restaurants over the years. The prices are not cheap. We were two non-drinking adults with two kids and the bill came to $220. The plates are tapa size and quite small. I don't recommend bringing kids because I think they would consider the food a bit too funky.

The decor is eclectic and fun. There is a section with a shop selling all sorts of expensive eye candies you can browse while waiting for your food. The desert bar is also located there. They serve a wide variety of candies, pastries, cakes and so on.

The service is good. Our waiter is polite, pleasant, attentive, and he gives helpful information about the city of LA.

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

This is more a lobby bar than a proper restaurant. Cheesy atmosphere. Trendy guys taking their girlfriends out before a nightclub. Jamon was simply jamon, cheese was plain cheese, even desserts did not save the evening. Only sangria with sparkling wine was a surprise

1  Thank akonopl
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife took me here for my 30th birthday. We had a great experience, if you want a privacy I suggest you do their round table experience. We had our own section in the backroom, and a 21 course meal. 21 courses consist of small plates, soups, champagne with fake caviar which was unforgettable and desserts. The check came and I didn't expect the bill to be so much but it definitely was an experience. Bucket list experience if I may say. At least if you enjoy quality food & service. I hope this helps.