“Overrated” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bazaar by Jose Andres

The Bazaar by Jose Andres
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bazaar by Jose Andres is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 9,848 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Cross street: San Vicente Blvd.
Description: Deemed "Four Stars" from the Los Angeles Time, finalist for the James Beard Awards' "Best New Restaurant," named Esquire Magazine's "Restaurant of the Year" and Zagat's "Top Newcomer," The Bazaar by Jose Andres is a vibrant mix of sophisticated cuisine and playful lounge spaces where dining transcends into fete extraordinaire. Experience a collection of magical dining experiences, entwined in a modern-day, European-inspired "indoor piazza" -- savor pioneering culinary creations, delicacies from roving carts and delicious libations by James Beard Award-Winning Chef Jose Andres. **From October to November join Jose Andres in celebration of the opulence of white truffle season with the third annual White Truffle Dinner Series at SAAM . The multi-course dinner unearths the flavors of the truffle through the playful imagination and inventive gastronomic vision.
Moscow, Russia
“Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

This is more a lobby bar than a proper restaurant. Cheesy atmosphere. Trendy guys taking their girlfriends out before a nightclub. Jamon was simply jamon, cheese was plain cheese, even desserts did not save the evening. Only sangria with sparkling wine was a surprise

1 Thank akonopl

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife took me here for my 30th birthday. We had a great experience, if you want a privacy I suggest you do their round table experience. We had our own section in the backroom, and a 21 course meal. 21 courses consist of small plates, soups, champagne with fake caviar which was unforgettable and desserts. The check came and I didn't expect the bill to be so much but it definitely was an experience. Bucket list experience if I may say. At least if you enjoy quality food & service. I hope this helps.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“Delicious and fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've been twice and both times it was fabulous! The menu is at first overwhelming but both times the servers were able to help us narrow down our choices - and wow they were taste explosions in our mouths! The first time I went was in April of 2013 and I was still dreaming about what I had eaten when I insisted on going again in August for my birthday... my kids LOVED it with all the little plates and then of course the dessert section in another area of the restaurant... they about died!!!! I loved this place, you could go over and over and not have the same thing twice but of course you might want to because everything is SO SO good - the Philly Cheese one sounded like it wouldn't be my kind of thing (yes I'm a food snob) but we got it for my son and OMG it was so so amazing! And the caprese salad, oh and the brussels sprouts and... oh you get the picture.... just go!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sherwood, Oregon
“Great place. Service not so much.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food was interesting. Service was not as it should be in a Michelin star rated chefs location. The food was very specific. If you don't like foamy , frothy foods, this is not for you. Some dishes are fantastic, others are strange.

Visited January 2014
Tampa, Florida
“so good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Creative! Delicious! Fun to look at and fun to eat! Amazing drinks, great service. Our waiter was really helpful in keeping us from over-ordering. A family of four foodies, we have a tendency to do this. He was frank about his likes and dislikes and his suggestions were great.

Visited December 2013