“Friendly staff, nice decor, excellent music.”
Review of Baracoa Cuban Cafe

Baracoa Cuban Cafe
Ranked #4,491 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Good music will pull me into a restaurant - and Baracoa had the best! Our first time in, we noted a lovely decor, and chose a table instead of a booth in this small cafe with no more than 12 tables. I noted little blackboards on each of the booths with specials of the day, and the shrimp chowder looked wonderful - but when I ordered, it was already gone - the waiter hadn't had time to change the soup special to potato ... so I ordered to 1/4 chicken (dark) with rice and beans. I forgot to order rice and beans served separately - but they came that way. That was nice. Joey ordered the same dish, and as soon as it arrived, he tucked into the chicken smothered in cooked onions, and loved it. I scraped the onions off and piled them onto Joey's plate (as I always do with onions); he's happy and so am I. The beans were lovely; the rice for me a bit dry. And the chicken a bit mealy. I'm not sure how that happens ... The platanos maduros were wonderful. I would come back and try a different dish - perhaps some of the specials of the day. But I would hope the cafe cleans the restroom better in the future. The level of cleanliness was a bit disconcerting.

There are newer reviews for Baracoa Cuban Cafe

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We had a pleasant just above average dinner at Baracoa. The split pea soup had a bit more ham and less "pea" flavor than ideal, the steak was surprisingly tasty for being so thin, the pork chop was also tasty as was the moro (rice & black beans). No greens. The atmosphere is pleasant as was our server. Nothing special, but a decent meal for the price.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Good Cuban food, friendly and helpful staff. Small and quaint. We bring our own wine that we buy down the street at 55 Degree Wine and enjoy a good hearty meal in a nice little neighborhood.

Reviewed June 26, 2008

Mostly undiscovered Cuban cafe, with a small island feel. Nice service and interesting clientele, I could live on only their midnite sandwhiches (a.k.a. the cubano). You've also gotta try their ox-tail dishes and of course their plantains and rice/beans are great.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 11, 2008

Love, love, love their black beans and rice.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook