“A bit too much but I will go back”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Ranked #26 of 10,306 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Neighborhood: Universal City Area
Reviewed May 21, 2014

not very expensive, I think we paid 80 dolars for the 3 of os more or less, really lovely staff, and good food, but a bit heavy, yes I know it doesn´t look like.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Basically It's a great family themed restaurant. Our first visit was average - great food but poor service...the run/stop Forrest table sign system just doesn't work and the waiter seemed desperate for us to leave - the bill arrived whilst we we still eating....... BUT second time around, a lot lot better. Banter (a Forrest Gump quiz) as we entered! Really friendly service, great atmosphere and Amazing food again...I'd recommend :)

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Food, service, location ... Everything was great! Our waiter was very efficient but also entertaining (we enjoyed the Gump trivia)! The popcorn shrimp was awesome. We all had fish dinners (two of us had the Jenny) and we all really enjoyed our food. The restaurant was fun and upbeat; you couldn't help but have a good time. I would for sure go back!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Liked the service at the bar and my Mango Majito. The calamari was decent enough. The coconut shrimp, and tempura shrimp were too bready and greasy.

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Now... I'm not a seafood person, but due to my respect for Forrest Gump, and my wife's burning desire to go there, we did! I decided I couldn't be a killjoy and eat a burger so we went all out, on all the prawn, sorry - SHRIMP based foods! Shrimp Mac = lovely. Mixed Shrimp basket (shrimper's something) = pretty good although I had trouble with the "easy-peel" shrimp..

So the evening was good, friendly waiting staff too! My wife had a cocktail in a tall jar-inspired glass which was pretty nice, while I had a cocktail that had a bottle of corona rested upside down in it - lovely :D

I must have had a dodgy prawn though as I was extremely ill for the rest of the honeymoon. If you're concerned/cautious, just go later in your holiday!