“Nice Find in Hollywood!”

Magnolia - Hollywood
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Cross street: Vine Street
Transit: Metro line: Hollywood & Vine
Description: Considered an iconic neighborhood favorite, Magnolia Hollywood is a chic bistro-style lounge outfitted with simple, fresh, well-prepared food, and thoughtful service. With a full bar offering craft beer, wine and seasonal cocktails, Magnolia serves reinvented American favorites and comfort food for lunch, dinner, happy hour, and brunch.
Los Angeles
“Nice Find in Hollywood!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Christmas day dinner. Thankful that they were open and they did a great job. Eve was our server and had a very large area to cover. Still, she did an amazing job and we never wanted for anything as she was very attentive. Great knowledge of the menu and offered suggestions.

Mac & Cheese, crab cakes and Tuna Taretar were delicious appetizers. Short Rib special was outstanding. Salmon was very good. Great selection of wine and spirits and a few really good desserts. Mint Chip Ice Cream sandwich and they had a Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwich. Both were so good. Key Lime Pie was great, too.

About a block from Arclight and just a short walk to Pantages, so this is an excellent option if you have a movie or show to attend and are looking for good food and drink before or after.

• Visited December 2013

Santa Rosa, California, USA
“Unexpectedly good and fast service.”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I were on a tight schedule and after a quick stop at my daughter's work to say high had about 45 minuets until our next appointment. We stopped in at this bistro on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood and inquire if they could fit us in on such a tight schedule. The server was very friendly and assured us that this would not be a problem. Quickly seating us and providing us with menus he left us breifly and returned promptly to take our drink orders assuring us that he would keep an eye out and when we were ready to order just flag him and he would return. Long story short. The service was expedited for us but still very gracious and the Greek salads we had were excellent. We enjoyed it so much we purchased a gift card for our daughter so she could try it out. I spoke to her today and she said it was amazing. I would highly recomend this bistro for a quick bite or a leasurely meal.

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I loved it here! I came here on a sun night. It wasn't busy at all. The service was great. We opted for a seat outside because I had my dog with me. They immediately asked if my dog needed water and provided a bowl. My friend and I ordered the pappardelle bolognese and the organic chicken sandwich. Both were absolutely delicious! For dessert we went for the key lime pie which wasn't tooooo tart and just perfect! The crust is really thin. All in all, we had a good time and I would definitely come back!

• Visited April 2013
Sherman Oaks, CA
“Good for Late Night Dining in Hollywood”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We ate here after seeing "Book of Mormon" at the Pantages, & I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. The food was good, & the service was quite good, as well. The restaurant is spacious & modern. The noise level was reasonable. The menu is very moderately priced.

• Visited September 2012
“Fun ambiance, friendly staff”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went here for our 2013 New Year's Eve celebration (party of six) after checking out the Prix Fixe menu online ($55 for three courses, plus soup, plus a champagne toast = amazing deal!!). While I can't vouch for how this place rates for a normal dinner out, their New Year's Eve dinner and celebration were great. The place was decked out with NYE ballons, hats, crowns, etc (very festive!), of which we took full advantage. Fabulous way to ring in the new year.

We had an 8:30 reservation, but ended up not being seated until after 9:00, which was obviously a little frustrating, but we enjoyed drinks in the lounge while waiting for our table (the Strawberry Fields concoction was a fun spin on some bubbly).

Magnolia was very busy for NYE, so the service was a little slow, but all the waitstaff were very friendly and in good spirits, which was appreciated.

Since it was a Prix Fixe menu night, they would not make ANY modifications to the menu items (including putting croutons on the side for the soup, or dressing on the side for the salad), which seemed a little strict, but we all still enjoyed our choices spendidly.

The expresso creme brulee was a little too heavy on the expresso, so I would not recommend that dessert if it is on their regular menu.

Seems like a fun place to check out pre-movie/theatre, and may be back for at least a drink or two next time we're in LA.

• Visited December 2012