“Ok food big portions”

Ranked #823 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Westside
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The Bossa Nova has a wide choice of menu and drinks and provides a good value eating. The food is rather salty to taste if that a problem for you. The services is ok and we did not wait too long despite it being a busy period.

There are newer reviews for Bossa Nova

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I try to eat here every time I come to LA. The leek risotto is one of the best risottos I've ever had and I also like their fish dishes. The menu is extensive and you can have small meals or complete ones. Reasonable prices. Introduced me to Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc. Although this is a Brazilian restaurant it does not rely on meat dishes as much as other Brazilian restaurants I've been to--more eclectic.Somehow I've always been seated without a reservation. A little difficult to find parking on side streets off Pico.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We came for dinner on a Saturday night. Lots of open tables when we got there around 6pm, but filled up when we were finished. We had the picanha and sea bass, everything was cooked perfectly, it was delicious. The cheese bread is probably the best I've ever tasted, they charge for that but it's well worth it. The service was just okay and could definitely use some improvement.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

DO NOT GO TO THIS RIP OFF RESTAURANT!!! We had a dinner for six (6) there and they included the tip automatically but did NOT tell me. Then I added about 20% tip. I noticed this after I got home...I called the restaurant and told them (but in a nicer way) that obviously their server was trying to scam tips by not informing me that the tip was already included in the bill. They told me that only the server could decide if they would refund the auto gratuity...Huh? They said they would discuss it with them and call me back which they never did either. The service was OK but how they could think it was worth almost a 40% tip??? BEWARE - DO NOT EAT HERE because if they will rip me off what else are they doing there to you?

Reviewed July 14, 2012

on Saturday evening we just walked in and had a great small two place table, even if the place was full. Red vine that I ordered came chiled, my husband´s beer was good. Food came very fast, we didn´t even have enough time to drink our sparkling vine :) . Food was really great (we had a rib eye), plate was big, we had only one portion to share and it was big enough for us. With meat there was rice, french fries and black beans. Meat was very tender and melting in mouth. Price was not high, atmosphere was great, there were many cute male couples. We would go back!!!