“I drive 90 miles for Bea's Bakery!”
Review of Bea's Bakery

Bea's Bakery
Ranked #55 of 229 Dessert in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Fast Food
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Santa Barbara, California
“I drive 90 miles for Bea's Bakery!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Chocolate chip danish, butter cookies big and small, corn rye bread, raspberry or apricot rugelah, florentine cookies. Bea's is one of my all time favorite places ever. Been going her for decades. Whenever I am in Tarzana in Los Angeles, I always stop by Bea's Bakery for the delicious treats and breads. I have also traveled the 90 miles from Santa Barbara to Bea's and back because I just had to have their chocolate chip danish. Some of my favorites are the above mentioned danish, all types of butter cookies, especially the ones with the colorful sprinkles and the florentines, rugelah (especially the cinnamon, raspberry, and apricot ones), kichel, hallah egg bread, bagels, strudel, too many to list. I usually get my favorites and try one or two I haven't tasted yet. Since I'm not always in LA, I get a lot of my favorites and freeze them. They freeze really well. Bon appetit!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Loveworldtravel

Los Angeles, California
“The Real Thing”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

we all remember going to Bea's Bakery when we were kids--cake orders and those black and white cookies: around long before the fancy cappuccino style places

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Julia L
“Always Delicious”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This is our go-to bakery. We never go anywhere but Bea's when we need tasty baked goods for an occasion - and they never fail. Their breads, (black and white) cookies, cakes, mandel bread, rugalach.... you name it. At Bea's, it's great! I'm only sad that they did away with their senior discount for my mom... But we still go!

• Visited April 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“A traditional bakery”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband has a sweet tooth so when we visited his sister in LA, she took us here, figuring he would love it. She was right. Everything was fresh and home made. He tried a variety of things throuout our week in LA. (We visited multiple times.) We particularly loved the Napoleans and the rainbow cakes. Over a month after returning home, my husband said today "I wish we could go to Bea's!" It seems so many traditional bakeries are going out of business. Visiting Bea's reminded us of visiting bakeries with our parents. A perfect mix of nostalgia and deiciousness!

• Visited March 2014
VA
“Still good after all this time”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I love Bea's for well everything but especially for the Russian tea cakes, kichel, napoleons, and delcos. Oh the delcos are my downfall. I do not live in LA anymore but every visit, I get there and pack it home. Still as good as ever.

Visited January 2013