“Very tasty food ------but the service....... could use some improvement”
Review of Ronnie's Diner

Ronnie's Diner
Ranked #1,329 of 10,030 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Westside
Neighborhood: Westside
Los Angeles, California
“Very tasty food ------but the service....... could use some improvement”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Went here on a busy weekend which could explain the slow service. On the upside, though, the food was delicious (I had the Greek Omelet.) The prices seemed very reasonable compared to other restaurants in this neighborhood. But like I said, the service could use some improvement. I understand that it was very busy the day we were there, but hey, at least stop by our table every now and then - clear some plates, refill the water glasses, etc.
I would definitely go back, but I'd choose a weekday when it probably wouldn't be as crowded.

• Visited September 2012

“Fabulous Breakfast and Brunch”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I defer to the other reviewers about the food -- REALLY GREAT, fresh, health conscious ingredients -- totally shocking the first time around considering where the place is and how it looks -- very spare. My review will give you and idea of what to expect from your surroundings: My husband is a hole-in-the-wall kind of a guy when it comes to places to eat. I prefer the beaten path and he prefers to stray off of it. Not that Ronnie's is a hole in the wall -- it is a nice size with a patio and plenty of seating. It is not beautifully decorated and you scoop your clean. mismatched tableware out of a utensil holder at your table. It's kitschy and that speaks to me. The first two times we dined it was during the week and it was practically empty. The same great server took care of us and was practically family by the time we left on day two. We then visited yesterday -- Sunday. PACKED. Service was good, but a totally different crew and vibe -- much more business, but then they did need to keep turning those tables! Worth your time and dime, specially during the week. Great value and experience.

• Visited June 2012
Culver City, California
“Consistently good for breakfast”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Ronnie's is your typical neighborhood breakfast cafe - wedged between Culver City and Playa Del Rey. Everything at Ronnie's is good - and very reasonably priced. The pancakes are gigantic - as are the tall bottles of maple syrup. The slices of french toast are thick. There are always special omelets. And, they have various vegetarian options and will substitute ingredients. Today I had the Sausage Royale: scrambled eggs, and slices of pork sausage mixed with green onions served on a bed of brown rice. Ronnie's gets busy, so you may have to wait outside until a table becomes available. There's a small patio in front if you prefer to eat outside or if you are a smoker.

• Visited May 2012
london
“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I had breakfast here with a colleague before a meeting and this was the second time I've been here.
As before it was a nice warm welcome when we arrived and a great place to get breakfast.
There is an extensive selection on, the service is exactly what I would hope for from a diner like this - friendly and efficient. Service with a warm smile.
Both my colleague and I enjoyed our breakfasts here - can't comment on lunch or dinner but this is a great diner and worth a visit if you're in the area.

• Visited February 2012
Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Come for the breakfast, stay for dinner!”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I've been going to Ronnie's Diner for a few years now, but have never been the type to review a place. I saw the mediocre reviews, and thought I needed to reliable review from someone who goes there often, and sees many regulars return who seem very satisfied.

You can expect great food and service every time. Their breakfast choices are diverse, healthy, and delicious. I recommend the Breakfast Burrito or the Turkey Maple Sausages & Eggs, or the Buckwheat Pancakes with bananas.

Lunch and dinner are great too: Their salads are healthy and tasty. All the burritos and the burgers that I've tried are excellent... great ingredients and cooked well. The TCA (turkey, avocado, and swiss cheese) is delicious, and perfect for lunch.

You can tell that this is a neighborhood diner. Lots of returning locals, mixed in with tourists and local business folks. The staff and owner are very friendly, and the environment is positive and relaxing.

• Visited July 2011