“Great add ons!”
Review of Craft Los Angeles

Craft Los Angeles
Reserve with OpenTable
Craft Los Angeles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 10,354 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Westside
Cross street: between Avenue of the Stars and Century Park East
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Dined with a group of 4. Great food and excellent service. So many nice add ons. An amuse bouche. Extra dessert and granola to-go for us each. They know service!!!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We celebrated my father's 80th birthday at Craft. They really made the evening special. The food was excellent but moreso to the point, the wait staff were incredible. Attentive is an understatement. A couple of mistakes occurred in the menu but the restaurant and staff more then made up for it. My husband has eaten in the restaurant with small parties and said that what we experienced was the norm not the exception. It is family style so expect to pass the plate around. The food is abundant so don't worry, there will be enough for everyone. The restaurant itself is a little loud and a little "cold" feeling. But that is fine since the staff make up for it. It is not cheap so don't go expecting to walk out with a small bill. Wine list is ok, but markup was not bad at all.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was really looking forward to having dinner at Craft Los Angeles after having read all the positive reviews. And after all, Top Chef is one of my favorite TV shows. Were my expectations met? Kind of yes and kind of no.

I was planning on dining here at least three times during my one week stay in LA. I ended up dining here the first night only.

Compared to other non-celebrity chef restaurants in LA, it was not all that expensive. All restaurants in LA are expensive so this one was not that extremely more expensive than any other restaurant. Especially not given the fact you get complimentary bread, amuse-bouches throughout the meal and breakfast muesli as a goodbye present .

We ordered an appetizer, 2 entrees with 5 side dishes and desert. Portions were rather small but as we ordered lots of different items, we had had enough food but were not overeaten either.

Most dishes were special, some even complicated with lots of different flavors. But were these dishes we would want to eat every day or, let’s say, more than one time per month? No, not really. That surprised and disappointed me a bit.

As for the restaurant ambiance. We were there on a Saturday night and the restaurant was only filled for about 20% - not lively at all and rather uncomfortably empty. And all other diners seemed to be tourists (like us) …

As for the service. The waiters were like robots: they tried to be there constantly without you noticing them. Suddenly creeping up behind you to fill your glass or to take away a plate you had only just emptied 2 seconds before … and never saying anything of informing about what we thought of the food. Strange.

So it was a strange experience but with good food and I would go again when I’m back in LA. But I did leave with mixed feelings.

1  Thank AimeeEurope
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had dined at Collichio in New York so were excited to head to Craft. It didn't disappoint. The wait staff suggested the share plates which was great as we ended up sharing enough for the 3 of us. Wine list excellent, cocktails excellent and the wait staff attentive.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

The ambiance and food were decent but not amazing. The waitstaff were attentive. We went with friends who had been there before and raved about the food but we were not impressed. The bread was the best part of the meal.

1  Thank travel72