“Incredibly Sumptuous. ”
Review of Craft Los Angeles

Craft Los Angeles
Reserve with OpenTable
Craft Los Angeles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Westside
Cross street: between Avenue of the Stars and Century Park East
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We were a group of about 12. We shared many bottles of wine, we all started with cocktails, then had multiple family-style courses which were served hot and timely and in volume! This place is no joke. The staff were serious about your enjoyment of the place, the atmosphere is beautiful, and all of the food was stunningly delicious.

A definite place to enjoy with a date or your family or a group.

2  Thank ExoticDave
There are newer reviews for Craft Los Angeles

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I dined at Craft LA last weekend with a couple others, one of them an overseas guest. His request was for us have a good steak dinner while here in the States. We initially booked a table at nearby Mastro's in Beverly Hills. We arrived there on time for the reservation, but were told that they were running behind. It was a madhouse. After waiting half an hour and then again told that they were still running behind with no ETA in sight (and the hostess could not seem to care less), we decided to take our hungry and disappointed stomachs down to nearby Century City to Craft. I was SO glad I did. The whole experience was the one of the best I have every had at any steak restaurant -- actually, I don't need to qualify that statement -- it was one the best I have had any ANY restaurant.

From the moment we walked towards the front door, a host opened the door and welcomed us. The hostess at the counter welcomed us. As we were shown to our table, a sharply-suited manager welcomed us. As we sat down, the two servers welcomed us. Needless to say, I felt welcomed -- in contrast to Mastro's, where it was a feeding frenzy at the hostess stand, and the staff simply seemed irritated to be spoken to.

Once we were situated in the dining room, I had a chance to look around. The decor was understated and elegant. The bar was modern and sharp. The dining room had enough modern elements and neutral tones to not seem like an stodgy dark wood and red velvet steak house, but enough warm natural wood and rich fabrics to give it a warm cozy feel, despite the dining being huge.

From the start, the service was impressive. Warm friendly wait staff, from our main server to the staff changing silverware, to the guys pouring water. Available, responsive, but discrete. Oftentimes we would not even notice that our drinks were already placed on the table, or that we got a fresh basket of bread -- efficient and discrete - not an easy feat. It was clear that the staff was extremely well trained and well versed, and rivaled that of any fancy hotel and other 5-star restaurants.

The main reason we came here did not disappoint. We ordered two steaks, a 22-oz sirloin and a 24-oz rib eye, which we shared between the 4 of us (as we were correctly advised by the server regarding the portion sizes). We shared a few appetizers. All good. The strongest was by far the kale salad with almonds. Strong kale taste with just enough bitterness not overpowered by the dressing, perfect with the earthiness of the almonds. I could make a whole meal of that alone! The halibut ceviche and ahi tuna appetizers were also strong.

The steaks came already carved (made for easy sharing) and arranged nicely on roasting pans, each with a big side of roasted marrow in bone (nice touch). They came in true medium rare as ordered. Delicious. The vegetable sides of roasted cauliflower and brussel sprouts were both delicious. And the fennel and sausage risotto was decent, but a bit rich and thick.

I appreciated the patient service - they did not make us feel rushed in any way, even though we came in at 9:30 and were by far the last patrons in the restaurant. By the time we ordered dessert, it was already past 11:30, but the service was steady all the way through. So impressed.

Thank you, Craft, for giving me a fine dining experience in a city where fancy restaurants often get so much hype, but more often than I'd like, fail to deliver on the substance. I plan to be a loyal repeat customer. And I have a no-brainer go-to steak place for any other out-of-town visitors.

4  Thank davyc71
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were not disappointed with this place at all. The food and ambiance were exceptional, but where this place really stood out from most was the service. The hospitality from all components of their staff was as good as my wife and I have experienced. Thank you Craft!

2  Thank paul d
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I had booked this restaurant for an anniversary dinner while visiting LA from Vancouver. Everyone from the hostess to bus staff and the servers were so friendly and accommodating. Everyone that served us said "Happy Anniversary" which was really sweet. The dinner itself was amazing and the restaurant is beautiful in a nice part of town which isn't too busy at night. They even had a copy of the menu with "Happy Anniversary" at the top for us to take as mementos. Overall such a great experience. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank schatzibear
Reviewed September 18, 2013

It was stunning!

We arrived and were greeted at the door by the reception person opening the door for us, we were 40 mins late (LA traffic) i apologised but they were so gracious and took us right to our table. No fancy gimmicks, no fancy views, just a lovely conservative, elegant open space restaurant with area sections off by large pots of greenery, again simple elegant and non-distracting.

There was a hand written note on the table addressed to me with a welcome to Craft and please enjoy a glass of sparkling wine to start the evening at Craft, by the time I had read the note our waiter had brought over a bottle of Bulgarian champagne and poured both my partner and I, a glass each. While we were sipping the champagne, t as if appeared by magic, we were brought an amuse bouche which was an avocado puree with sun-choke crisps served on a beautiful large tea spoon with a curved handle.

It was the perfect amuse bouche - set the palate alight with a tantalising taste sensation.

There were simple things like the plates being "swapped out" for hot plates, making all the difference for service and elegance (and we knew food was coming). We shared the pork belly with dates - some of the best I have had - beautifully presented as a share plate.

We were glad we had shared as it was quiet a large starter. For main course we again shared and chose the duck breast done with Asian pear and we asked our waiter for a recommended wine pairing. The wine was perfectly matched to the duck and the duck perfectly cooked with beautiful skin and pink breast throughout. We chose sides of beans and potatoe puree - and OMG!!!! I could have eaten a bath tub full on the potato - the most rich smooth mash ever. Even better than Aria in Australia (sorry Matt Moran, still love your restaurant too though).

After dinner we were so satisfied and didn't need dessert at all - but of course we had one!! Why fly half way around the world to come to Craft and not have dessert?!!

We did wait a little before ordering dessert - the chocolate soufflé was out so we had the peanut butter semi freddo. While relaxing before the dessert arrived we were pleasantly surprised when the waiter brought us a mini shot glass size vanilla panacotta with a passionfruit sauce - again - so yummy. We had our delicious dessert and followed it with coffee. Served with the coffee came with three different in-house pastry chef delights - a choc caramel tootsie roll, a short bread with citrus filling and a hazelnut cookie like thing. All fab!!

I could go to this restaurant and just be happy with all the complimentary extras as my whole meal.

The service was professional without exception, the food was amazing and the whole restaurant is well set out with decor, ambient lighting, gentle non-intrusive music. It is advertised as expensive, yet we both found it very reasonable for the quality and service. It would be an average price range restaurant in Australia and certainly not what we would consider expensive.

I recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys fine dining with impeccable service and top quality food.

2  Thank Janet W