“Wonderful Evening”
Review of Craft Los Angeles

Craft Los Angeles
Reserve with OpenTable
Craft Los Angeles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 10,800 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Westside
Cross street: between Avenue of the Stars and Century Park East
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My mother and I went here for dinner and immediately felt under dressed in our flip flop shoes. We weren't planning on staying out until dinner time so we weren't quite dressed as planned. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming and attentive and didn't seem to notice or care what we were wearing. The ambiance was warm but modern, the food excellent and the staff perfectly attentive. It was a terrific night.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Fantastic staff, creative, excellent cuisine, a totally enjoyable evening. Go for the octopus, rabbit, scallops, cod, short ribs, corn, mushrooms....all very good. Very attentive yet relaxed service, and very knowledgable on every item plus wines to pair.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

The staff was great and the food excellent. Since this was our first visit, we decided to try the tasting menu with the wine pairings. Every course was wonderful. The flavors were outstanding. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. We asked several questions during the meal, and received informative answers. One question stumped our waiter. A short time later he returned with an answer. He had gone into the kitchen and asked the chef. This was definitely quality service. The food and wine were exceptional and creative. My favorite item was the rabbit ravioli. I am generally not a big fan of rabbit, but this was one of the best things I have ever eaten. At the end of the meal we were presented with muffins for breakfast the next day. This was a nice touch.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

The restaurant had many food options, but the seafood was by far the best. The service, while a bit slow at times, was overall good. The chef sent out several tastings and we left with a cute muffin. The wine list steered toward higher priced wines.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Okay, here's the deal. I have had some very nice service in L.A. restaurants. They're lovely at Bouchon. Very nice at Spago. But the service at Craft was the nicest, most welcoming I have experienced. As we walked to our table, after the hostess at the front went out of her way to open the door for us because she saw us coming, every member of the wait staff greeted us, like we were Hello Dolly "back where she belongs." Our server was so friendly. And the food is so good. It's family style, and while I hate the concept of small plates served family style, these are larger plates served family style, so I felt like there was plenty of eat. They make you feel very special, too, by giving you all these complimentary extras, like doggie bags with chocolate granola to take home. Oh, and the lighting in here is just perfect. It's all golden, so you look really good. I highly recommend it here. If you want to try it out, go when it's Dine Out LA for a really great deal.