“Best Cream Puffs - Worst Service”

Mousse Fantasy & Beard Papas Sweets Cafe
Ranked #192 of 253 Dessert in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Neighborhood: Westside
Neighborhood: Westside
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Look, if it was a sit down and get waited on restaurant service would be more important, so it didn't matter too much.

The cream puff filling is so good I could eat a bowl full.

Pity about the lady with the sour face serving me, maybe she was having a bad day or maybe she just lives on lemons.

Reviewed March 31, 2010

I had never had a creme puff before and my sister suggested we try this place. I had one and was so pleased! They were delicious!

Reviewed December 28, 2009

The creme puff from Beard Papa is outstanding. They made it from the Japanese fine skill of making delicate things to the world. The outer crust is crispy and inner layer is soft. The creme inside is cold and smooth. They use natural vanilla in which you can observe the small black spot all over the creme. I tried it in HongKong and Tokyo. I found the taste of the creme is slightly different among cities. The creme in Tokyo is mild while HK is more creamy. The one in LA is well balanced. Anyway, I love Beard Papa very much. Recommend to everyone.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Cerritos, California
Reviewed May 28, 2009

great cream puff except they keep raising the price!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 20, 2009

A must for their vanilla cream puff. Really go try it!

The chocolate you can opt out of.

Also I am tempted to say that these are large enough to share but you shouldn't - enjoy the luscious vanilla bean creaminess all for yourself. Then go get another. You can afford to - maybe $3 a creampuff? I'm sure there's a bulk discount too...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook